• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awful news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awful news

Just found out a guy I work with passed away on Tuesday, got no idea of details just know he's about same age as me (Mid thirties) and got four kids - two of them still babies. Don't know if it's my inner celt but I keep finding myself crying, didn't know him that well but just keep thinking about his kids and the tears well up all over again.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Not another one

It's getting ever-more depressing here - can someone post some GOOD NEWS pls?
    It's all DOOM & GLOOM!
    Mate, it's never a good time to die, but it's even worse for it to happen round Xmas when people are supposingly happy. I can only feel sorry for the poor young guy, a few years from now, his wife will get married again, his kids will grow up getting used to it, but he's gone forever.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Just found out a guy I work with passed away on Tuesday, got no idea of details just know he's about same age as me (Mid thirties) and got four kids - two of them still babies. Don't know if it's my inner celt but I keep finding myself crying, didn't know him that well but just keep thinking about his kids and the tears well up all over again.
      Thoughts of ones own mortality do tend to rise to the surface at moments like this.

Go on, let it out!

Comment

On a contract I had a couple of years ago a bloke in the office next to me died while out on a lunchtime run. He was in his 40s and a really top bloke, polite, well mannered, very likeable, got on with everyone, from the cleaner upwards (I have a lot of respect for people like this). I used to chat to him every day, and he was really full of life.
        He was super fit, doing half marathons every other week, but just pushed a bit too far. I was quite upset by it all as his circumstances were similar, i.e. wife and kids (wife worked part time at the co), a real shocker, so I empathise with you
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          That's horrible.

There's no shame in crying Snaw - it shows you're human

I doubt you're crying for him anyway - you'll be crying for your kids, imagining if that happenned to you.

Awful
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

I can relate to this somewhat.

A few months ago, heard that a guy I used to go to school/college with had passed away leaving a wife and two kids.

We weren't close or anything and he was viewed as a bit of a noddy, but it doesn't half make you think about your own mortality as well as feel for his family.

Comment

It's hard when someone so young dies, it was my best mate’s funeral yesterday and I was a complete wreck, he was only 37 when he lost his 8 year battle with cancer, he left a wife and 3 year old boy behind... feckin heart breaking.

Somehow I've got to get through a works xmas do this afternoon.
              Last edited by gingerjedi; 14 December 2007, 13:07.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Avoid excessive exercise

On a different note, what is it with those middle-aged executives that keep running near the river in the City at lunchtime? Just go to a f'n gym, I said to someone that nearly pushed me over! Can they not afford the membership?

Comment

Thats really horrible isn't it .... kinds puts everything into perspective! God love them!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    It's hard when someone so young dies, it was my best mate’s funeral yesterday and I was a complete wreck, he was only 37 when he lost his 8 year battle with cancer, he left a wife and 3 year old boy behind... flipin heart braking.

Somehow I've got to get through a works xmas do this afternoon.
                    Your best mate died?!!!

Oh go, Jedi I'm so sorry

What the feck are you doing at a works do?!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X