• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Times magazine article on Mckanns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Times magazine article on Mckanns

A good example of investigative journalism, summary of the evidence to date and a stripping out of all the bollox that has been aired.
    The McKanns seem to be innocent and there is no evidence that the child is dead.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

How many children went missing since this episode?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      How many children went missing since this episode?
      Hundreds probably. What's your point, silly boy?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        A good example of investigative journalism, summary of the evidence to date and a stripping out of all the bollox that has been aired.
        The McKanns seem to be innocent and there is no evidence that the child is dead.
        They are religious. In my book that makes them nutters.

Comment

Hundreds probably. What's your point, silly boy?
          The point is that those kids and families did not get any attention whatsoever even though their problem is at least as big as McKannes.

Comment

The point is that those kids and families did not get any attention whatsoever even though their problem is at least as big as McKannes.
            Kidnapping a 3 year old is different from the many kids that run away from home.
            Please point out another similar incident that has happened since then?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              They are religious. In my book that makes them nutters.
              Well we've been led by a nutter in the last 10 years then...
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Please point out another similar incident that has happened since then?
                I can't and that's exactly the point - is it beacuse there are no such accidents or because there is already one well PRed so newspapers are better off dealing with it rather than giving equal chance for similar accidents.

Comment

I can't and that's exactly the point - is it beacuse there are no such accidents or because there is already one well PRed so newspapers are better off dealing with it rather than giving equal chance for similar accidents.

It's because there are no such incidents. They happen about once every 10-15 years, at least in Western Europe, where proper records are kept.

HTH

PS The missing kids records in the UK look worse than they are because everything is counted e.g. when a 16 year old doesn't come home for one night.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's because there are no such incidents. They happen about once every 10-15 years, at least in Western Europe, where proper records are kept.
                    I can appreciate this level of publicity in the first few weeks when the chances of locating the person are the highest, and also in case if detectives find new details like CCTV image of the abductor etc, however current level of publicity in my view is now counter-productive to what they try to do.

Comment

Working...
                    X