• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone found a way of getting Virgin Media package to work alongside any other cable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone found a way of getting Virgin Media package to work alongside any other cable

Anyone found a way of getting Virgin Media package to work alongside any other cable package which enables you to get Sky One ?

Virgin Media had to ditch their Sky One channel after talks broke down with Sky earlier this year (and the extra burden of cost would have been only 3pence per subscriber strangely ! I've been told).

I don't think that a Sky Satalite Dish and yet another Digi Box in the form of a Sky+ box would be a viable option for me to get Sky One.

Its a pitty really as I do subscribe to all the Sky movies type channels (apart from Box office and the Hi-Def ones which are not available) through Virgin media.

Its a bit of a pizzer really as I like the big US tv shows like Lost / Battlestar Galactica (the new version is amazingly good and I aint a big sci fi fan).

Anyone got any ideas ? I've looked on other forums and nothing.

Well, if your neighbours have got Sky then you can try watching it through their window...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Well, if your neighbours have got Sky then you can try watching it through their window...
      Truly inspirational and helpful post AtW
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Well, okay - the answer to this problem is to ditch Virgin (keep broadband as it is better than ADSL, unless you are in old NTL area), and get Sky+ for movies.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
          Anyone found a way of getting Virgin Media package to work alongside any other cable package which enables you to get Sky One ?

Virgin Media had to ditch their Sky One channel after talks broke down with Sky earlier this year (and the extra burden of cost would have been only 3pence per subscriber strangely ! I've been told).

I don't think that a Sky Satalite Dish and yet another Digi Box in the form of a Sky+ box would be a viable option for me to get Sky One.

Its a pitty really as I do subscribe to all the Sky movies type channels (apart from Box office and the Hi-Def ones which are not available) through Virgin media.

Its a bit of a pizzer really as I like the big US tv shows like Lost / Battlestar Galactica (the new version is amazingly good and I aint a big sci fi fan).

Anyone got any ideas ? I've looked on other forums and nothing.
          Why not get a freeview box - is n't Sky on that for the moment

Comment

Sky on Freeview ? I doubt it.

If I could get Sky One / Sky Two and Box Office + what Virgin Media has to offer I would have the perfect TV selection via Virgin Media .. (I've already got the Sky "Movies" channels).

Its interesting though what lack of actual choice we do have .. If say I was Franko and I wanted to subscribe to Italian TV here in England .. I couldn't via my Virgin Media setup.

Comment

If say I was Franko and I wanted to subscribe to Italian TV here in England
              Only Spartacus can have Italian TV here in England.

HTH

Comment

Sky on Freeview ? I doubt it.

If I could get Sky One / Sky Two and Box Office + what Virgin Media has to offer I would have the perfect TV selection via Virgin Media .. (I've already got the Sky "Movies" channels).

Its interesting though what lack of actual choice we do have .. If say I was Franko and I wanted to subscribe to Italian TV here in England .. I couldn't via my Virgin Media setup.
                IIRC Sky 2 and Sky 3 are free channels and available on freeview.

They just show repeats from Sky 1

Comment

Just download what you want using torrent. Most are up a few hours after being broadcast in the US.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                  X