• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrrr....telly up the swanee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrr....telly up the swanee

Sigh,

A week before Xmas and the blimmin television set goes on the blink.

(It's a Ferguson 3821 which has served well for 25 years or so).

So I just logged on to Dixons or whatever they are called these days and tried to do a search for new B&W tellys and couldn't find a single one.

I don't tend to watch a lot of telly, perhaps an hour a week, so buying a colour telly AND a colour licence seems a bit excessive.

Any ideas ?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

Any ideas ?
    don't be so tight and get a 40" Samsung LCD.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      Sigh,

A week before Xmas and the blimmin television set goes on the blink.

(It's a Ferguson 3821 which has served well for 25 years or so).

So I just logged on to Dixons or whatever they are called these days and tried to do a search for new B&W tellys and couldn't find a single one.

I don't tend to watch a lot of telly, perhaps an hour a week, so buying a colour telly AND a colour licence seems a bit excessive.

Any ideas ?
      Go down to your local tip, there is usually a good collection of tellys, washing machines, etc

Comment

Get it fixed?

Or just download whatever you watch and use your PC monitor.

Comment

ebay!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Would be easy to fix, if there was anyone still about who could fix it.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Would be easy to fix, if there was anyone still about who could fix it.
              Go back in time and get someone for us!

Threaded, shouldn't you be able to fix it?

After all, you taught that kid from Helensburgh everything he knew!

Comment

Yeps I could fix it, probably have everything except a new tube in a box round here somewhere, but think the transportation costs would be a little high.

What about Xoggoth, he'd be closer I'd guess?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Good idea. It'd be much more fun watching Xoggy than the tulipe that gets broadcast.

I'm not sure if he's fully house trained though.

Comment

You could buy a USB TV receiver for the PC, they are pretty cheap and the TV detector people would have trouble proving you owned one?

Comment

Working...
                    X