• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official 'How Long Can You Last' Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official 'How Long Can You Last' Poll

If 2008 is as nasty as predicted, how long can you last before your pot of gold runs out?

Poll to follow...
    Less than 1 month
    7.55%
    1 - 2 months
    11.32%
    2 - 3 months
    3.77%
    3 - 4 months
    0.00%
    4 - 5 months
    1.89%
    5 - 6 months
    9.43%
    6 months - 1 year
    16.98%
    1 year - 2 years
    11.32%
    2 - 3 years
    9.43%
    3 years +
    28.30%
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    If 2008 is as nasty as predicted, how long can you last before your pot of gold runs out?

Poll to follow...
    can't wait...

Comment

Sold my flat to become cash rich so I can last probably another 15 or so years out of work. Futurewife might get a bit upset about that though.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        can't wait...
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I'm scared. Despite my recent 6 month extension I'm still thinking of looking for a permie job...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Ask the missus. Ah you're talking about money....quite a long time then.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

Poll to follow...
              If it was predicted that means is good. I can't remember any year where predictions were not totally reversed...
              Last edited by Francko; 17 December 2007, 18:26.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Well seeing as the parents don't charge me rent a fecking long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  If it was predicted that means is good. I can't remember any year where predictions were not totally reversed...
                  To continue with that train of thought. If the economy acted like the stock market, betting shop, etc, then if a downturn were predicted now, as it is, isn't this fact already built into the economy/stock market, and acting like a kind of self unfullfilling prophesy? What I mean is, it is when people least expect it that the bookies/stock market/homeowners are confounded, not when they are?

To continue with this train of illogic, the fact that bad stuff has been predicted already means there won't be any bad stuff - we are saved. And to keep this from happening, all we have to do is keep saying bad things will happen
                  Last edited by TimberWolf; 17 December 2007, 19:21.

Comment

yes, it will be interesting to see which ones of us are still here this time next year

all the best everybody

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X