• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax Fraudbuster sacked !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Fraudbuster sacked !!

This is just amazing......

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/...n_page_id=1770

Well, when IR sells real estate to lease it back from an offshore company, then what's suprising in this minor issue?

Comment

I liked this bit.

New Treasury figures also show a large number of cases of fraud committed by HMRC employees.

By value, fraud cases in 2006/07 account for nearly half of all the fraud committed by government employees across 28 departments and agencies.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm not sure I see the problem here. They had a need for HR consultation, his wife does this for a living through her own business. They hire her. What does it matter that she's his wife if she actually did what was required?

There's a lot this article doesn't say.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          New Treasury figures also show a large number of cases of fraud committed by HMRC employees.
          I bet they did not include Gordon into these calculations!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I bet they did not include Gordon into these calculations!
            surely he's not up to it as well !!

Comment

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
              I'm not sure I see the problem here. They had a need for HR consultation, his wife does this for a living through her own business. They hire her. What does it matter that she's his wife if she actually did what was required?
              You really think that it was a fair bidding process or negotiations on a sensible rate. Essentially he was giving money to a company he had a vested interest in.

When you get to positions like "head of fraud buster" you really need to be squeaky clean - certainly so in sensitive political areas.

There was a definite conflict of interest in this case - what does he place higher his wifes business or getting a good job done. Ok, she may have done an excellent job but he should at least have got a higher authority to clear it / be the main person in the bidding process.

How would you like it if your contract was terminated and you were replaced with your client contact's wife?

When I am doing a warehouse deign and looking at suitable 3PLs I always compile a list of interactions I have had with them / the major bidders for management so that there is no come back to me if they suddenly discover that I used to work for DHL or have awarded them 3 contracts in the past. I can't afford to hide such basic stuff from them.

Comment

If it was my wife she would have had to work really hard to win that contract.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  If it was my wife she would have had to work really hard to win that contract.
                  Perhaps if you'd worked a bit harder you wouldn't be as fat. Still as ugly, but not as fat.

Comment

But, my dear little pooch, I don't have to work.

Yet, I am going out shortly with my lovely Husqvarna chain saw and my collection of sharpened axes to chop some wood up for the fire. I could have one of the farm hands use the machines, but there's something so relaxing about doing stuff oneself.

Then I might take a cycle ride down to one of the clients to see how how much surfing my staff are doing.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X