• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mfi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mfi

Listen up, all

Never, ever consider buying a kitchen from MFI

You don't want the gory details, trust me

Oh dear. There are several tales of woe in this here forum about them.

Main mistake is that you should have got some Poles in. Houses do not have right-angled corners, for example. These boys understand that.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy with the bowtie View Post
      Listen up, all

See, now we want the gory details...so come on, spill the beans...
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Of course we want the details man. Without knowing what went wrong, how can we pick holes in what you did in order to make ourselves feel better.

If you hang around for a few mins AtW will be along to point out your mistakes without understanding what happened and threaded will explain with a patronising side comment how he would have done it better.

Comment

The gory details are ... gory. The experience is more stressful than anything else. Essentially throughout the whole process there have been lots of commitments to deliver, install, amend etc. and at almost every occasion the promised event has either been (i) early (ii) late (iii) partially completed or (iv) not done. All along there has been a complete lack of communication from them.

The kitchen is still not finished (now five weeks after the start) but it will be useable over the Christmas period only as a result of me standing in the store (and distracting customers) over a two hour period whilst they sorted the worst of it out.

My advice : use those little local guys. They may cost £1,500 more but it is worth it for the better service they offer

Repeat after me : " I will not go to MFI... I will not go to MFI .... "

Comment

Never, ever consider buying <anything> from MFI
            Yeah, but it's like buying PC stuff from PC World.
            Or a kebab from a roadside van.
            Or low-alcohol lager.

You forget and "give them another try" about once every thee years. Then regret it.

We won't learn so we won't listen.

La la la la la la la I can't hear you la la la la la la la
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I once backed a horse called MFI...it got 3 quarters of the way round and a leg fell off.

IGMC..
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Listen up, all

M Made

F For

I Idiots
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I had a kitchen from MFI. Only delivered. They were very good on the whole. Couple of bits missing but they were sorted.

Only thing I object to is that 2 years later we tried to extend kitchen - it was no longer sold!

Oh well...

Comment

I've bought MFI kitchens in the past and fitted them myself. The only part I can't do is joining two worktops together, and I end up using those ugly 'dirt strips' instead. There could be a market for someone to do that since the furniture stores don't seem to offer that service or parts prebult to fit at 45 degress, strangely enough, or perhaps there is and I didn't look hard enough. If not for that fitting would be a doddle, and I don't know why you guys go through the hassle of getting someone in when it's so easy to assemble the stuff yourselves.

IKEA stuff looks better these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X