• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phones - why leave them at your desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phones - why leave them at your desk

I thought the point of mobile phones was that they could be carried with you. So why do the muppets here persist in leaving mobiles on their desks, so that we can hear their carppy ringtones when they are off elsewhere?

No better are the idiots who call these numbers and allow them to ring scores of times before ending the call.
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Ahh so this problem doesn't just exist here it has migrated to Chan Utopia as well.

Comment

Although it is fun to find one with a really dodgy ringtone and keep ringing it when he leaves it on his desk...
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Hear hear.

What's worse is when the caller leaves a voice message and then the phone is set up so that the answer service tries to call the phone every 2 minutes to alert the owner that there is a message.

Go put the phone in a drawer. Failing that, in the Thames or other suitable body of water.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

1) Set up a premium rate number.
          2) Answer the phone.
          3) Tell them that <insert name here> is at another desk and give them the premium rate number to call
          4)

Comment

Can't be ar sed

Even worse, is when they ARE sitting at their desks and take ages to pick up pretending they are looking at the caller's no, when all they want is to make others listen to their stupid ringtone.

Comment

too cold to answer phone outside.

but I leave mine on vibrate...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                but I leave mine on vibrate...
                Thats a good idea...except won't people look at me funny when I start smiling happily?
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                  Thats a good idea...except won't people look at me funny when I start smiling happily?
                  only look at you funny cos you keep phoning yourself...

Comment

a phone should make a ringing noise anything else and you are officially a chav
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X