• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas songs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas songs

Are there any decent ones?

I have Phil Spector's "A Christmas Gift to you" in the car at the moment and am particularly loving Darlene Love's "Baby Please Come Home" .... desperately cheesy but FABULOUS!

Fairytale in New York (unabridged) is mighty fine too ...

Any others

The one by Shakin Stevens? Can't recall how it goes or what it is called though...
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

"A Spaceman came travelling"
      "It's going to be a cold and lonely Christmas without you"
      "All I want for Christmas is a Beatle"

Comment

[QUOTE=Churchill;393261]"A Spaceman came travelling" QUOTE]

Wasn't that Chris de Burgh?
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

[QUOTE=daviejones;393263]
          Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          "A Spaceman came travelling" QUOTE]

Wasn't that Chris de Burgh?
          Yup.

Comment

[QUOTE=Churchill;393264]
            Originally posted by daviejones View Post

Yup.
            I keep hearing it on the radio at the minute and can't really get to grips with it being a Xmas song..

Comment

[QUOTE=daviejones;393265]
              Originally posted by Churchill View Post

I keep hearing it on the radio at the minute and can't really get to grips with it being a Xmas song..
              Listen to the words, embrace them and then the knowledge shall be yours...

Churchill - In "Beaker emulation" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
                Are there any decent ones?

I have Phil Spector's "A Christmas Gift to you" in the car at the moment and am particularly loving Darlene Love's "Baby Please Come Home" .... desperately cheesy but FABULOUS!

Fairytale in New York (unabridged) is mighty fine too ...

Any others
                I Believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake, one of the best of a really poor genre

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  The one by Shakin Stevens? Can't recall how it goes or what it is called though...
                  I think it's called Merry Christmas Everyone

Starts with Snow is falling, all around us, children playing, having fun, tis the season to be jolly, merry Christmas everyone"

With the charts now being determined by downloads as well as sales, there seems to be a few of the christmas hits from previous years in the charts (including this one and Wham's Last Christmas)

Comment

Merry Xmas
                    Merry Xmas
                    do do do do do do do do do
                    Merry Xmas
                    Merry Xmas
                    do do do do do do do do do

(That was the Waitresses by the way)
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X