• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who else has a garage full of jerry cans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those blockades did not come.

I stayed at a B&B farmhouse with a bright pink room to save fuel needlessly.

I also have a jerry can of diesel in the garage.

anyone else feeling smug last week for preparing, but now feeling like it has backfired?....

i heard petrol prices were going to rocket to £2 starting from today...

i think i listen to the wrong people...

but ive got a full tank
    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

it was very dissappointing, sockpuppet, whats the word on the street? any more "events" planned?
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Sometimes the rumour is bigger than the event. In this instance the rumour was either not taken seriously or perhaps just not spread widely enough.

Maybe everyone was just too busy worrying about buying Xmas presents?

The timing was wrong I think.

Perhaps they should try again in the New year when everyone is skint and suffering post-Xmas blues and/or cold/flu in freezing cold weather.

Comment

new yearw ould be a good time to strike, but im gonna keep the cars filled up as much as i can whenever i find petrol under 103.0p

i remember when it was 74.9p........
          cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Originally posted by poser View Post
            i remember when it was 74.9p........
            I remember when it was £1.28 per GALLON !!!! I am sure some of you guys on here can beat that though!

Comment

I remember when meat and potatoe pies were 10p.

Comment

Apparently, the turn out was due to be significantly bigger but the protestors couldn't afford the high petrol prices to fill up the car to get to the refineries.

Comment

Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
                  I remember when it was £1.28 per GALLON !!!! I am sure some of you guys on here can beat that though!
                  It was £1.60 a gallon in the early 90s before the conservatives introduced the fuel tax escalator, soon afterwards the price was quoted in litres to make the yearly increases more palatable
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The guy who lives behind WindyAnna's workplace by the sounds of it!
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X