• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to be a good troll?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to be a good troll?

I'm finding that my daily posting is not as fulfilling as it once was and I don't have the energy for TPD. Plus the 30 sec thing is annoying. So I was thinking about trying my hand at trolling, although obviously not here as ferret has enough to do at the mo anyway.

I think that this is a project worth doing properly and so my question to the assembled is, what makes a quality troll?

Is it best to just go for the polar opposite of general posting consensus? Or is a better approach to just keep bringing up contentious issues and watch the ensuing mud flinging?

Do you think that you need to read all the other posts and target specific users based on what you can glean of their personalities? Or do you just abuse the most regulars knowing they'll bite?

Is a brute force posting volume approach deemed poor form in trolling circles?

This is a semi-serious question as some people are obviously enjoying themselves.

Find a bridge. Hide underneath. Await three billly-goats gruff.

HTH
    BP
    BTW - try to ignore the big one...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      I'm finding that my daily posting is not as fulfilling as it once was and I don't have the energy for TPD. Plus the 30 sec thing is annoying. So I was thinking about trying my hand at trolling, although obviously not here as ferret has enough to do at the mo anyway.

I think that this is a project worth doing properly and so my question to the assembled is, what makes a quality troll?

Is it best to just go for the polar opposite of general posting consensus? Or is a better approach to just keep bringing up contentious issues and watch the ensuing mud flinging?

Do you think that you need to read all the other posts and target specific users based on what you can glean of their personalities? Or do you just abuse the most regulars knowing they'll bite?

This is a semi-serious question as some people are obviously enjoying themselves.
      IMO not being obvious. and not getting banned.

Comment

I have a mate who likes trolling. And this mate told me to tell you that it is always a good thing to occasionally follow the mainstream pack on certain issues. This adds realism to your views when you decide to swim against the tide, so to speak.
        He also said variety is a good thing too. Makes you seem more plausible. Apparently.
        HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          IMO not being obvious. and not getting banned.
          There's nothing wrong with getting banned, it concentrates the mind.

Comment

My little brother lasted a matter of minutes logging into some born again christian website as Satan666. So you'll have to pick a name which allows you to post!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Yes...well, apparently so, wouldn't know personally...blah blah
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                There's nothing wrong with getting banned, it concentrates the mind.
                So you admit to being a troll? And I thought you were such a nice chap. I was going to ask Santa to bring you some winalot - I won't bother now

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

All of the above. Also try and find some cretins who take the whole thing seriously and get wound up easily.

HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    So you admit to being a troll? And I thought you were such a nice chap. I was going to ask Santa to bring you some winalot - I won't bother now
                    I was making a comment about being banned.

As for the winalot, you can stuff it. I'm a Gravadlax kind of dog.

Comment

Working...
                    X