• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas party, man u style!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas party, man u style!

`CATTLE MARKET` LEADS TO PARTY BAN?
    Posted 20/12/07 09:24
    EmailPrintSave

Manchester United's Christmas party has been described as a 'horrendous cattle market' as lurid detail after lurid detail emerges of a 12-hour drinking spree that ended with one player questioned over allegations of rape and a livid Sir Alex Ferguson vowing that he would never allow his players such latitude again.

Ferguson might, in the words of one newspaper headline, have 'cancelled Christmas', but for Fleet Street, Christmas has come early. Reporting on the alleged excesses of the Manchester United players with questionable relish, it depicts their party as verging on the uncontrollable in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

While 19-year-old defender Jonny Evans has been released on bail after being questioned by officers over the alleged rape of a 26-year-old party-goer, it is the behaviour of his senior first-team colleagues that is dominating coverage.

The Times says that the mood of the day-long party soured as the squad - under the influence of 'testosterone and booze' - descended on the Great John Street Hotel to be met by approximately 100 of the 'prettiest girls in Manchester'. With none of the players' wives and girlfriends permitted to attend, 'models, ex-soap stars and well-known faces from Manchester's party circuit' were invited to provide the footballers with female company. A 'United insider' is quoted as saying in The Sun: "Only the best-looking were allowed in. They were hand-picked and very excited, almost in a state of hysteria."

According to The Independent, 'Every room in the 30-bedroom hotel, where prices range from £235 to £395 per night, was booked out by the squad' and, 'Each player was allocated a set number of guests and eight security men were hired to stop any unwanted intruders gaining entry and to confiscate all mobile phones, which were banned from being taken into the building.'

However, Daily Mirror showbiz reporter Sarah Tetteh claims to have been a guest at the party and reports how 'my friend and I' were personally treated to Wayne Rooney 'running through his personal repertoire of cheesy lines'.

'He came over and perched himself at the end of our sofa, asked us how old we were - and how we knew each other. When I explained we'd met at university, he raised his eyebrows and said: "I bet you two were naughty together at uni.

'"Did you do threesomes? You know, two girls and a lad?"' she reports.

Other accounts are less savoury, however. The Mirror says that 'one tearful woman guest claimed she had been repeatedly pestered by one of the club's stars'.

"It was horrible. This guy had been pestering me and my friends for ages trying to get us up to a bedroom. I kept telling him 'No' but he just wouldn't take it. He was really drunk as were the rest of them.

"Then he just grabbed me and started to drag me away from the main area towards the toilets. Thankfully the security man spotted what was going on and came to my help. was so relieved to see him. I was in tears. The players were treating girls like pieces of meat. It was like a horrendous cattle market."

Another guest told The Daily Telegraph that the party became increasingly debauched and sleazy as the hours of drinking began to take their toll.

"A lot of guys were looking for women, looking for sex," the unnamed man told the newspaper.

"A lot of women were dressed in little short skirts, they were falling over after a couple of drinks. By 3-4am you could see a lot of sexual situations were going to take place.

"There were one or two scuffles on the dance floor. Guys were falling over, just being loud and mouthy. There were a lot of undesirable people there, a bit rough. There were hangers-on.

"A lot of women were kissing guys, getting off with guys. It was like a free-for-all."

Manchester United have yet to comment formally on either details of the party or the allegations of rape. The Telegraph says that 'almost all' of the players had left the hotel when the attack is said to have occurred. However, a livid Ferguson 'read the riot act' to the squad when they returned to training on Wednesday and is understood to have told his players that they will never be allowed to host a Christmas party in future.
    Passing over the rape allegation (No facts out so who knows what happened), I just found this line interesting: "A lot of guys were looking for women, looking for sex," the unnamed man told the newspaper.

Umm, so what were all the women there for exactly - hey do you and a choice selection of your prettiest mates want to come to the man u chrissy party?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

It's so dull and predictable, all Jordan wanabees who would eat their own sheet for enough money all of a sudden shocked and virginal when the money demands. zzzzzzzzz
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Umm, so what were all the women there for exactly - hey do you and a choice selection of your prettiest mates want to come to the man u chrissy party?
      men and women always want different things: -

Men want to shag
      Women want to flirt, be adored, be lusted after, etc

Most of the nieve and quite frankly stupid lasses there would have been trying to pull themselves a football boyfriend (not a quickie upstairs in the club).

Some woudl be up for that, but not all or even most of them.

Lasses aren't all slags - they're not even slags if they go to a club full of footballers. They're just lasses out for a good time - which is very different to the way you blokes see a "good time".
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        It's so dull and predictable, all Jordan wanabees who would eat their own sheet for enough money all of a sudden shocked and virginal when the money demands. zzzzzzzzz
        And just how would you know that eh? Every single one of those lasses just want to get their t*ts out do they?

******* knob.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Men want to shag

Most of the nieve and quite frankly stupid lasses there would have been trying to pull themselves a football boyfriend (not a quickie upstairs in the club).

Lasses aren't all slags - they're not even slags if they go to a club full of footballers. They're just lasses out for a good time - which is very different to the way you blokes see a "good time".
          Couldn't have put it better myself.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Men want to shag

I'd agree with all of the above except the large generalisation in the last line.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              I'd agree with all of the above except the large generalisation in the last line.
              You're absolutely right - sorry.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Men want to shag
                Don't blame us. It's genetic.

Comment

You're absolutely right - sorry.
                  This is almost as fun as trying to wind you up yesterday

Comment

Anyone involved in stuff like that, players I mean, should not play for the national team. Drink binges are no way to stay fit and don't send a good message to kids, to whom these guys are heroes.
                    No wonder we haven't won anything, for ages when we have these decadent numpties representing us. mad
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X