• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stress

Just got the report back from the health check, the only interesting bit was my stress levels.

I was a level 4 stressed person. I was annoyed about this as I thought I was pretty relaxed and 4 out of 5 seemed a bit high.... turns out it was out of 100. And in the comments the doctor wrote that I might need a bit more stress in my life to drive myself forward in my career.
    Luckily the client doesnt see the report.

I just find it nigh impossible to get stressed about work. When someone close gets sick or I get Cancer.. thats the time for stress... but work.. serously.. how do you get stressed about work? Let alone want to get stressed. It makes it clear why I made a hopeless permie (and some would argue a hopeless contractor)

Life stresses me out. Or did I mean wife?

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
      I just find it nigh impossible to get stressed about work. When someone close gets sick or I get Cancer.. thats the time for stress... but work.. serously.. how do you get stressed about work? Let alone want to get stressed. It makes it clear why I made a hopeless permie (and some would argue a hopeless contractor)
      I concur...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        Life stresses me out. Or did I mean wife?
        Yeah, but lets face it, your wife would stress anyone out.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It's OK Tay -

You know where to find us
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I just find it nigh impossible to get stressed about work.
            Exactly. How much pressure can pulling pints and collecting glasses exert on one?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

4 out of 100 is quite impressive. I've found it's often a good move to fake a bit of stress in front of the management now and then. I'm just about to go thru a nasty go live, I suspect I might reach 3 or 4 out of 100 naturally if I'm not careful.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                4 out of 100 is quite impressive. I've found it's often a good move to fake a bit of stress in front of the management now and then. I'm just about to go thru a nasty go live, I suspect I might reach 3 or 4 out of 100 naturally if I'm not careful.
                See, given your other post on your go-live, I'd have said it should be higher. But then I'm a stress puppy.

Comment

I was a level 4 stressed person. .... turns out it was out of 100.
                  brilliant.. that made me laugh
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I love stress me.

Bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                    X