• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas shift

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas shift

So, who'll be on the CUK Xmas shift over the holiday period?

Not me mate.

I have a life.

Comment

Am working all but christmas and boxing day

Comment

My company is shutting down for the Christmas Period, I've told the client our consultants won't be back until 7th of Jan.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Me too. Although I'll be in the office rather than "working".
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Me too!!!

Got to think of next years bonus <kerching>!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
              My company is shutting down for the Christmas Period, I've told the client our consultants won't be back until 7th of Jan.
              same here, 2.5hrs and i'm off
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I'm off all next week but still get to bill because I introduced a mate to the client who hired him as a permies. Nice little bonus for me then

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  So, who'll be on the CUK Xmas shift over the holiday period?
                  She's not a contractor, but I know someone who is working every day of the "festive" period except Xmas day itself (she's not ungrateful as she was working on Xmas day last year).
                  If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Work from home today and tomorrow, Monday from home and then back down to Stuttgart on Boxing Day until the weekend and the same the week after. The leaders of the team all decided to take a holiday until the 7th so I can't do anything but as they say...every penny counts. One of my other contracts is a bit different as I support sites that have paid for 24/7 coverage and others are only Mon-Fro 9-5 so I have to be only reasonably comatose.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X