• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alcohol Free Beer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Free Beer

Following on from drugs are good/alcohol's bad advice, can anyone explain the following:

- Why is alcohol free beer so expensive when it has no duty? Even taking into account the supply/demand argument you can't help feeling that this gov't is bull-tuliping when it says it wants you to stop drinking

- Which is best? Everywhere has Kaliber but that's just bad...

- Why I am agreeing with AtW again? Ok, I'd rather you didn't answer that one

I've been becoming a bit of a p1sshead over the years and I'd like to cut down for a while (Christmas doesn't bother me because I'd rather not go out when all the once-a-year d1ckheads are in town)

In Germany and Switzerland, there's a fair range. Some of the Clausthaller range is ok. The Erdinger alcohol free Weissbier is quite a nice drink in its own right.

The best I found in the UK was Becks alcohol free. It's better than Kaliber - but then so is eating your own vomit - but still not that good.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Niche market, so they rip you off, plus supermarkets sell booze at a loss hoping to rip you off on other things, like say sauce for chips etc.

Now that I moved to alcohol free drinks I cut down pretty much to zero alcohol intake, this is good stuff, even though drinking booze in short term is cheaper, but long term damage is real, so best to drink rarely and moderately.

The bigger problem with alcohol free beer is that it tastes crap, though I find Becks one is very good

Comment

Horrible Joke Alert On

Alcohol free beer is like going down on your sister. It tastes the same but you know that something just isn't right.

Horrible Joke Alert Off

Sorry folks!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I don't trust alcohol free beer. More over I don't trust the beer factory people not to fook up.

Comment

Some of the worst hangovers I've ever had have been the result of drinking alcohol-free beer.
            Avoid.
            RS

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
              Some of the worst hangovers I've ever had have been the result of drinking alcohol-free beer.
              I'm glad someone said that.

When St Christopher came out, I had about 8 bottles in the pub one evening.

The next day I wanted to die. It was one of the very worst hangovers I've ever had.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Now that I moved to alcohol free drinks I cut down pretty much to zero alcohol intake, this is good stuff, even though drinking booze in short term is cheaper, but long term damage is real, so best to drink rarely and moderately.
                I would worry about getting a life before thinking about the long term.

HTH
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Bitburger Drive is a quaffable beer...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    I'm glad someone said that.

When St Christopher came out, I had about 8 bottles in the pub one evening.

The next day I wanted to die. It was one of the very worst hangovers I've ever had.
                    Kaliber is hangover in a bottle. But some of the stuff is, as I said, quite a nice drink in its own right. And I say this most sincerely folks having just finished a bottle of whisky- non-alhhoclof rferrsefdcxnöwkls

hic
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X