• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed Cameras / Speeding tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Cameras / Speeding tickets

Anyone here remembers the infamous speeding ticket thread that AtW posted in every day after he got his driving license then within a few weeks got a speeding ticket? drove most of us up the walls...

Anyway, for the first time ever yesterday I was caught by a speeding camera, flashed as I passed, was doing 40 miles an hour in a 30 miles an hour speed limit, its really really bad of me, I usually am very careful and try to stay within limits... anyhow I decided to do what AtW did few years ago, am going to document my diaries and every thought that comes to my head waiting for that brown envelope (does it take a week or two??) Also what do I expect as a first timer? slap on the wrest? fine? points? I heard they changed the laws that for first timers they just ran a course and showed them some horror movies to brain wash people not to speed !!

OK .. to be cont...

Brown envelope to the camera film changing van should sort it.

Come on, as a contractor you can afford to

Comment

theres a chance youll make it. i've been flashed twice recently (not clever i know) and never heard anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
        theres a chance youll make it. i've been flashed twice recently (not clever i know) and never heard anything.
        That is true, I know someone who was flashed (by a speeding camera that is) but sometimes they don't load cameras with film, other times if the photo taken and it shows the the breaks light was on, the they don't prosecute for that as it shows the driver was aware of speeding and in the process of reducing their speed. Unfortunately I can't remember if I hit the break, all I remember is seeing a flashing light, I said what was that then I realised what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          That is true, I know someone who was flashed (by a speeding camera that is) but sometimes they don't load cameras with film, other times if the photo taken and it shows the the breaks light was on, the they don't prosecute for that as it shows the driver was aware of speeding and in the process of reducing their speed. Unfortunately I can't remember if I hit the break, all I remember is seeing a flashing light, I said what was that then I realised what happened.

I am in court next month, not for speeding, but for failing to identify the name of the driver
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I am in court next month, not for speeding, but for failing to identify the name of the driver
            Being done for drink-driving then DA ? I mean, were you so trolleyed that you seriously forgot your own name ?

Seriously, I used to work in Chambers in Temple for a few years and know a lot of barristers and judges. Let me know what wig is presiding and I'll put a word in for you. An extra 10 years sounds about right for a Rec Agent. :-)
            Last edited by Board Game Geek; 21 December 2007, 00:08.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Bad move. You will certainly lose and insurance companies close their eyes on first 3 or even 6 points (SP30 or SP40), but they, apparently, take code meaning you did not identify driver, much more seriously.

Comment

Tell them you were both so drunk that you can't remember his name or even which one of you was driving.

Reasonable doubt innit
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I thought as from Sep 2007 that the penalty was very very high for this?

What happens if your car is registered on the Continent? I have a m8 in France - can I register my car there?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I thought as from Sep 2007 that the penalty was very very high for this?

What happens if your car is registered on the Continent? I have a m8 in France - can I register my car there?
                    This "offence" took place in May and it was "er indoors"who was driving. A few months in stir will at least give me a break from the old bat.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X