• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My cats just caught a squirrel!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cats just caught a squirrel!

I just got a frantic call from my girlfriend - the cats just caught the squirrel which has been tormenting them for last 2 years. My girlfriend was watching - seems the squirrel slipped.

She asked me what to do about it and if I could come home! But I need the money so can't leave.

Seems the squirrel still alive - should she try to get the cats away from it? Then kill it with a spade? Thing is the cats love to torture mice and frogs - and with two of them the squirrel has no chance.

Any suggestions please?

I will update you with any news...

Hit the cats with a shovel, buy a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Hit the cats with a shovel, buy a dog.
      Are you for sale? Are you high maintenance? Do you deter burglars? Are you child friendly?

Comment

oh dear - the squirrel still suffering. My gf has had to feed the baby.

lets hope it will be over soon. and that the cats will eat up the mess - cheaper than cat food and I dont want to sort it out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          oh dear - the squirrel still suffering. My gf has had to feed the baby.

lets hope it will be over soon. and that the cats will eat up the mess - cheaper than cat food and I dont want to sort it out tonight.
          What excellent role models/fathers the old F4J guys are...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            What excellent role models/fathers the old F4J guys are...
            eh? I can't see the connection between fatherhood and what my cats do.

Comment

eh? I can't see the connection between fatherhood and what my cats do.
              well

I dont want to sort it out tonight.
              That's ok. Just leave it. After all its someone elses problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                well
                That's ok. Just leave it. After all its someone elses problem.
                I get where this is going. Good troll - btw, if you said that to my face I'd shove your teeth down your throat.

Churchill - In "Season of goodwill my arse!" mode!

Comment

Any suggestions please?

I will update you with any news...
                  Let the cats slowly torture it to death. I've just had Plan J defeated in my attempts to keep the squirrels off the bird food.

Comment

Around 6 months ago I had a call whilst at work from my missus screaming down the phone - one of the cats had brought a live rat in through the cat flap and it'd escaped and run up the curtains and wouldn't come down. Eventually my wife calmed down enough to get a neighbour who came round and knocked it down with a broom handle at which point the cat snatched it back up and ran off with it again. Last we saw of it.

When I used to live in the country the same cat brought in a rabbit. Rare of them getting a squirrel though as they are usually too quick.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X