• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve - testing? what's that?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve - testing? what's that?

Careful how you use Jobserve from today - a new search 'enhancement' means that all your saved searches will need checking (e.g. Job Type of 'contract' has been changed to 'any') and when you save Order By as 'Date' it resets to 'Best Match'.

Sigh

Jobserve (the interface)'s been sh1t since the last revamp.

It never remembers that you want to sort by date and always forces Best Match (how the **** can you have a best match on one word?) and the box on the RHS follows you down the page as you scroll down FFS.

tim

Comment

I agree, since the 'revamp' it's gone a bit tulip

Comment

Suggestions

I love the way I can type in 'Business Analyst' as a search term and it will come back with : "Did you mean 'Business Analyst' ?
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

You mean it asks you the same question twice in quick succession? and you're a BA? Pot calling the kettle black I think.

Comment

Ad it recommends replacing "project manager" with "project manager" ... which comes back with fewer results.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Ad it recommends replacing "project manager" with "project manager" ... which comes back with fewer results.
              Typical for a PM then! - even though the BA has to ask the same question twice
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                I love the way I can type in 'Business Analyst' as a search term and it will come back with : "Did you mean 'Business Analyst' ?
                I think what is happening here is that when you type in Business Analyst and it says:

A suggested alternative is "Business Analyst" click here.

it is just offering to search for the phrase not just the two words.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  I think what is happening here is that when you type in Business Analyst and it says:

A suggested alternative is "Business Analyst" click here.

it is just offering to search for the phrase not just the two words.
                  Not so with the "project manager" and "project manager" - when it offers to change from "project manager" to "project manager" it does not give the same results as a manual search for the words "project" + "manager" or the phrase '"project manager"' (Pythonesque syntax) / """project manager""".
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

. . . and what's with the hundreds of jobs that appear around 02:00 each morning now?

Comment

Working...
                    X