• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't belieeeeve it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't belieeeeve it!

We live on a hill. It's minus 2 degrees outside and the road's still covered in frost and ice. The old duffer two doors down has pulled his car out onto the road and is washing the underneath with a hose pipe creating a nice ice-slick down the hill.

What should I do? Am half tempted to stick my head out of the window and shout "What the feck are you doing?"
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Maybe he'll slip on his own ice slick and crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      We live on a hill. It's minus 2 degrees outside and the road's still covered in frost and ice. The old duffer two doors down has pulled his car out onto the road and is washing the underneath with a hose pipe creating a nice ice-slick down the hill.

What should I do? Am half tempted to stick my head out of the window and shout "What the flip are you doing?"
      Wait until the slick forms, wander outside and point it out to him.

Then push the old fart over and watch him slide down the road

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        The youf of today, no repect innit?
        Eat him for lunch zeity, and post details in My Lunch thread

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

What should I do? Am half tempted to stick my head out of the window and shout "What the flip are you doing?"
          Wait until it freezes over and then tell him you saw him drop a £20 in the middle of the road. Then await the inevitable fatal fall as he tries to find it on the icy road.

Comment

I'm going to stand at the upstairs window and when he spots me I'm going to slowly draw my finger across my neck in a menacing 'I'm going to slit your throat for that you old bastard' kind of way. That should get him thinking.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

The last time I saw that done was Ricky Hatton to Floyd Mayweather at the weigh in

Comment

Every day on my way to work I pass a cinema on a corner of the road and most days the window cleaner has been working on their plate-glass frontage. This cinema is right on the pavement so no access via a car park or anything. Consequently I (and many others) have to walk over a wet pavement redolent with soap suds. I nearly said something this morning when I saw it because we're having hard frosts now and I'm sure someone is going to slip on the ice slick that will appear one morning!
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

What should I do
                  You're not thinking.....

1. take a casual video of the scenery (but make sure you get him in shot with the hose/water etc)
                  2. wait until it freezes over
                  3. go for a casual walk and accidently slip over
                  4. get taken to hospital for check up (and therefore a formal note of you having to attend hospital)
                  5. get on phone to lawyers-R-us
                  6. wait for that big fat compo cheque
                  7. have holiday

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                    Every day on my way to work I pass a cinema on a corner of the road and most days the window cleaner has been working on their plate-glass frontage. This cinema is right on the pavement so no access via a car park or anything. Consequently I (and many others) have to walk over a wet pavement redolent with soap suds. I nearly said something this morning when I saw it because we're having hard frosts now and I'm sure someone is going to slip on the ice slick that will appear one morning!
                    Where there's blame there's a claim.

Comment

Working...
                    X