• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ashamed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashamed

The missus has gone to get all the food shopping for Christmas. In a moment of weakness I decided I should do my bit and, instead of lying around on the sofa drinking lager and watching kiddies' TV like A REAL MAN, tidied and cleaned the house.

Now I am really ashamed of my fit of new manedness and feel it will only be a matter of time before I am weeping over the ending of "Gone With The Wind" and hanging around Hampstead Heath in a white polo neck jumper.

Is there anything I can do to redeem myself or am I doomed?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    You're doomed!
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

The missus has gone to get all the food shopping for Christmas. In a moment of weakness I decided I should do my bit and, instead of lying around on the sofa drinking lager and watching kiddies' TV like A REAL MAN, tidied and cleaned the house.

Now I am really ashamed of my fit of new manedness and feel it will only be a matter of time before I am weeping over the ending of "Gone With The Wind" and hanging around Hampstead Heath in a white polo neck jumper.

Too late, you've started on the slippery slope towards becoming a fully fledged metro-sexual.

Sorry.

Comment

Doomed I tell ya! Although if it's any consolation the chances of the wife getting a headache this evening have just halved.

Comment

When she gets home from the shops, bend her over the kitchen table and give her an early Christmas present...BEFORE you let her put the shopping away. Then you will be cleansed my son.

Comment

Well, the clues are already in your post. How, for instance, do you know that the end of GWTW has a sad ending? You've either watched it before or shown an interest in the film already. A 'real man' wouldn't have heard of it, let alone know what the film is about.

You're gone, forever lost.

Be prepared for your wife buying you a vaccum cleaner for Christmas, or an ironing board and explaining over Christmas lunch (that you've cooked) what the offside rule is.

Comment

Crack one off, in front of her - and then tell she won't be gettin any

Comment

Piss in the sink

Comment

Working...
                X