• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's going to win Strictly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's going to win Strictly?

After 3 dances there are only 2 points in it. Graceful and bubbly Alesha ahead of brave Matt. Personally I think Alesha should win, she's the better dancer. But I think the ladies will vote for Matt, so I think he'll win.

Gripping stuff. I can't wait for the second part of the final.

Cheers
    Moose

Who cares?

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ndance122.xml

Comment

Two judges on Strictly Come Dancing have attacked the show's female viewers as "emotionally challenged" and "bloated".

Len Goodman: 'Matt [di Angelo] should have gone two weeks ago'

On the eve of the final of the hit BBC One show, Len Goodman, the chief judge, said that the audience of millions who have voted every week for their favourite celebrity dancer was made up of middle-aged women who enjoyed "a bit of eye candy".

Fellow judge Craig Revel Horwood branded them "emotionally challenged".

It was not quite a faux pas to match the businessman Gerald Ratner's description of one of his company's jewellery products as "crap", but the audience will almost certainly take umbrage.

More than 12 million are expected to tune in tonight to watch the singer Alesha Dixon and the EastEnders actor Matt Di Angelo contest the final.

Dixon, best known for being in the girl band Mis-Teeq, is the bookmakers' runaway favourite.

Throughout the 12-week show, her spectacular moves have earned her perfect 10s from the three judges and the sobriquet of "the first lady of the dance".

Di Angelo suffered an attack of nerves and forgot his steps two weeks ago but the judges gave him four 10s for his waltz in the semi-final a week later, putting him in the final ahead of the Blue Peter presenter Gethin Jones.

advertisement
        But even though Dixon is "Manchester United" to Di Angelo's "Watford", Goodman said he doubted that viewers would vote on the contestants' dancing abilities.

"I would imagine far more middle-aged women than middle-aged men vote," he said.

"I imagine them looking at Matt [and thinking] 'a bit of eye candy, a hunky young dude'. And they look at Alesha and they are sitting there eating their fourth KitKat and they've just had three square meals and a fish supper, all bloated out, and they go: 'Bugger her, I'm not voting for that'."

Revel Horwood said that people who vote on the show go on "emotional journeys" with the contestants because they cannot see their technical faults.

"If I say something really bad about someone, you can guarantee a million people will be on the telephone saying: 'I'll get him back.' It's really bad. They should be voting on dance ability," he said.

Goodman added: "The viewers come to people's rescue thinking they are doing them a favour and then moan at the judges because Gethin is gone. Gethin shouldn't have gone. Matt should have gone two weeks ago, when the judges had him 20 points below anyone else."

Tonight, for the first time, the public will have the final say over who wins the competition.

In previous weeks, viewers voted but it was up to the judges to decide who should be eliminated after a dance-off between the two bottom-placed couples.

Nick Weinberg, from Ladbrokes, agreed that male contestants in reality shows had a greater chance of winning.

"In a two-horse race, we'd expect to see a young man favoured ahead of a young woman," he said.

"But punters are clearly not convinced by Matt. Maybe they're still annoyed that he sneaked through at the expense of heart-throb Gethin Jones."

Comment

Who cares.

Comment

gf has it on now - arrrrgghhhh

Still I suppose I got beef bourginon and a BJ earlier....

Comment

Right

I'mm popping over to yours for dinner. I got shop bought pizza!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think Aleesha will win it.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X