• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Watching BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching BBC

And there is a charity briefing there for those who help homeless people, and the instructor tells participants about food options - there is meat option, vegeterian option etc.

The question is this - if you are homeless and hungry, how the heck can you reasonably expect to get veggi option? I mean if you are hungry and homeless then you should be grateful to get ANY food, if I was in this position I would certainly think this way.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    And there is a charity briefing there for those who help homeless people, and the instructor tells participants about food options - there is meat option, vegeterian option etc.

The question is this - if you are homeless and hungry, how the heck can you reasonably expect to get veggi option? I mean if you are hungry and homeless then you should be grateful to get ANY food, if I was in this position I would certainly think this way.
    Why do they need to go to shelters to get food? Why can't they just cook a squirrel over a bonfire? Like Ray Mears would. Except if they're vegitarians of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Why do they need to go to shelters to get food? Why can't they just cook a squirrel over a bonfire? Like Ray Mears would. Except if they're vegitarians of course.
      Meat eaters get to have squirrel; veggies get to eat their nuts.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        Ray Mears usually turns up with a truck load of camping equipment and food bought from the supermarket. I heard tale of him teaching the army survival techniques and being miffed when they stole gear from his truck. It was 'explained' to him that was the way to survive in survival situations.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          It was 'explained' to him that was the way to survive in survival situations.
          Maybe Sharia law stipulating that thiefs get their hands cut off is not such a bad idea after all.

Comment

Maybe Sharia law stipulating that thiefs get their hands cut off is not such a bad idea after all.
            If you are in a survival situation, stealing is survival.

Comment

You really are a ****. What has homeless got to do with being a thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                You really are a ****. What has homeless got to do with being a thief.
                "I heard tale of him teaching the army survival techniques and being miffed when they stole gear from his truck."

You have to be an utter dirt to steal from people who are trying to help you.

I can understand stealing to survive, but steal when people try to help you? They, allegedly, stole his gear, did they need it for survival? Most likely not - they'd sell it to get booze or drugs.

Comment

"I heard tale of him teaching the army survival techniques and being miffed when they stole gear from his truck."

You have to be an utter dirt to steal from people who are trying to help you.

I can understand stealing to survive, but steal when people try to help you? They, allegedly, stole his gear, did they need it for survival? Most likely not - they'd sell it to get booze or drugs.
                  Yeah, those guys took survival seriously, though there may have been some joviality involved, I don't know the whole story. Perhaps Mears learnt a lesson too, i.e. that survival situations aren't like on the telly.

Comment

Perhaps homeless people should be drafted into the army: they will get food, shelter and, if they are good, they will live long to enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                    X