• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BCS in the Christmas Private Eye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BCS in the Christmas Private Eye

...because their annual awards had HM Revenue and Customs as finalists in the "public sector IT organisational excellence" category.

tl, in "you read it here second" mode.

Typo !

They meant :

public sector IT organisational excrement
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      ...because their annual awards had HM Revenue and Customs as finalists in the "public sector IT organisational excellence" category.

tl, in "you read it here second" mode.
      Wasn’t one of the present or past chairmen (or some head honcho in the BCS) given a government gong of some sort, a knighthood perhaps? They seem to have been playing the government tune for some time, to my ears anyway.

Comment

Waste of bloody time, I woked in a team lead by teh chairman of once of the BCS' little sub area wotsists and can without a doubt say the guy was the biggest waste of space I have ever come accross.

He had no idea how to do the job, no people skills and spent all his time trying to get everyone to go to BCS meets and then having a little hissy fit if we didn't turn up. He eventually got fired for being totally incompetant.

That gave me all the info I need to know about the BCS, and as a result I will never be a member. They are a jumped up bunch of wannabe's who have no idea how to survive in the real world, as a result they build thier little BCS empire so that they can look down on everybody else and act all high and mighty. What they don't realise is just how bad and out of touch they are....

Comment

BCS has always been for beaurocratic knobs, who know feck all.

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

BCS has always been for beaurocratic knobs, who know flip all.
            Here here, I can't stand them.

I once got asked at an interview, have I got BCS membership. I told them I didn't have circa £100 per year to waste. No response from the interviewers, the tech guy who was sitting along side the HR dudette, smirked, he knew exactly what I meant.

Bunch of out of touch, self serving muppets. My cat could run the BCS better, and he's dead!
            That boy go raaaaaaa
            Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Working...
            X