• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies

Mine just sent me a case of wine. Anyone else get anything?

My agency has earned over £100k in commission from my contracting in the past 3 years.

I don't even get a Christmas card from them.

There must be a way to get out of the contractual clause binding me to them at this client, without me having to leave for 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
      My agency has earned over £100k in commission from my contracting in the past 3 years.

I don't even get a Christmas card from them.

There must be a way to get out of the contractual clause binding me to them at this client, without me having to leave for 12 months.
      How badly does the client want you? Can you double your rate to the agency? When the agency says no to the new rate can you not go back to the client via a new agency at a new rate as if they sourced you through 'normal1 channels?

Comment

I got a fabulous faux-leather pocket diary. They sent it in a regular envelope with an xmas card, so it's all bent...
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          I got a fabulous faux-leather pocket diary.
          You being serious or missing the icon?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            How badly does the client want you? Can you double your rate to the agency? When the agency says no to the new rate can you not go back to the client via a new agency at a new rate as if they sourced you through 'normal1 channels?
            In this market climate (by which I mean it's getting worse), and with my somewhat restricted skillset, it's not a risk I can take. The client does need me but I don't know for how long - it depends on projects coming up in the new year. I still believe, however, that even if I did what you suggest, the agency will try to enforce the 12 month clause.

I would love to try it but I am generally quite happy with my rate anyway. I'm just hacked off at the agency cut, but that is for the client to negotiate... although they aren't happy with it either! But my initial reaction stands - with that level of commission I would expect a nice bottle of champers eh!

Comment

In this market climate (by which I mean it's getting worse), and with my somewhat restricted skillset, it's not a risk I can take. The client does need me but I don't know for how long - it depends on projects coming up in the new year. I still believe, however, that even if I did what you suggest, the agency will try to enforce the 12 month clause.

I would love to try it but I am generally quite happy with my rate anyway. I'm just hacked off at the agency cut, but that is for the client to negotiate... although they aren't happy with it either! But my initial reaction stands - with that level of commission I would expect a nice bottle of champers eh!
              Buy the agency out.

Comment

with that level of commission I would expect a nice bottle of champers eh!
                Can't fault that thinking

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  You being serious or missing the icon?
                  I think it's a fabulous present, under no circumstances would I have preferred a case of wine over my diary
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    I think it's a fabulous present, under no circumstances would I have preferred a case of wine over my diary

Comment

Working...
                    X