• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car park incident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car park incident

I was driving into my local shoppers car park - this woman in front of me goes out of the car and walks the other direction to the car. We are on the entrance to a mobbed car park.

As car abandoned I drive around in a tight, but manageable gap between the abandoned car and a stationery car to my right. Ie, I am now a car in the middle of two stationery cars.

Then becomes apparant that the passenger in the abandoned car is making his way for the drivers door, but only when I am driving in-between. In other words, my car was moving and he got in front, but stayed at the side, so I am sure I missed him.

All well and good, so I thought.

However... when I get to the other side of the car park this guy comes running up to me, knocks on the window, saying something about me running over his foot.

Given that he said nothing at the time, I assume he is taking a chance, as I kept the window up and pleaded ignorance just as a truck was coming his way and nearly nocked the fool over.

Even if I DID run his foot over, it is his fault as he got in my way. I even peeped my horn when the lady abandoned the car, so he must have known I was there, with a queue of people behind me!

Also sounds suspiscious that he has time to park up and the ability to come running after my car if he has sustained any injury - eve if he has, his injury is self inflicted for getting into the way of a moving car.

Just shaken me up a little!

Really hoping this fool has not got any trumped up witnesses and going to the police. If he does, wll have to just deny all knowledge I guess!

I was with the missus in her car going to the local shops, and she decided to let me park, because like all women, she can't.

She got out and went off. I got out of the passenger's side, walked round to the driver's door, and this flash git in a Ferrari comes steaming into the car park at 100mph, handbrake turns around wife's car, and runs over my foot in the process.

I hobbled over to remonstrate with said poseur, but just got two fingers through the closed window.

I'm now in A&E with a broken metatarsel. Should I sue?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      and this flash git in a Ferrari

Phew, that is me out of the frame - I drive a diesel powered Ford Fiesta! It struggles to get to 60 on the motorway, never mind 100 in Sainsbury's car park..... But, gets me around!

Comment

I very much doubt anything will come of it.

Comment

If someone is hurt during accident the police should be notified - this is for your own good as the person who claims to be hurt can reflect on situation and, if they are not really hurt, change their mind about it.

You should have written down addresses of witnesses to support your viewpoint.

Comment

I doubt anything will come of it. It will be his case to prove that you hit him not you prove that you didn't.

20 seconds down the Hospital and they will know if you did or did not hit his foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              I doubt anything will come of it. It will be his case to prove that you hit him not you prove that you didn't.

20 seconds down the Hospital and they will know if you did or did not hit his foot.
              If his foot is now an eighth of an inch thick and two feet wide, it could be seen as an indication that there was some minimal contact.

Comment

A diesel powered Fiesta struggles to 60? Mine goes like a bomb. You mean you don't have a turbo?
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  If someone is hurt during accident the police should be notified - this is for your own good as the person who claims to be hurt can reflect on situation and, if they are not really hurt, change their mind about it.

You should have written down addresses of witnesses to support your viewpoint.
                  Point being I had no idea at the time I may have run over his foot. He did not shout, did not bang the window, or anything while I was going past.

Come to think of it, even if he does go to the police I will just say I remember some madman banging my window and left him to it, and deny all knowledge of even seeing him when I was driving through the cars. After all, his own stupid fault for not giving a moving car the space it needed!

Makes dealing with my client look almost easy.....

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    A diesel powered Fiesta struggles to 60? Mine goes like a bomb. You mean you don't have a turbo?
                    Has turbo, but just the 1.4 version. Got it new 8 months ago, the Style with the aircon pack, all for £8K, so canna grumble as it does around 60mpg!

Comment

Working...
                    X