• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre-owned Audi A3 for 12 k VS leasing ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-owned Audi A3 for 12 k VS leasing ?

I am getting “per-owned” 3 – 4 years old Audi A3 for about 12 K. ( Obviously I cannot be bothered with other than BMW/Audi “cars” ).

If you care to discuss please do :

1. Anyone care to share experience with “pre-owned” Audi and BMW ? ( Pre-owned is the brand’s car approval program where the car u buy has been checked by BMW/Audi for defects. You also get 1 year guarantee on the mechanical/electrical parts.

2. Is pre-owned more effective than leasing ? The pre-owned A3 2.0 TDI ( 3.5 years old ) is 12-13 K where the new one is 20 K ( without leasing interest ) . I don’t believe leasing can be more cost-effective in the 3 years term even though the “newone” will sell for more compared to pre-owned one which would have aged to 6 -7 years ?!?!

3. There are online shops offering 24 or 36 months contracts to lease the car instead of buying it. Anyone experience with this scheme ?

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    pre-owned
    "second-hand".
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

My experience of BMW recently is that you're better off second hand. It takes 2-3 years to iron out the manufacturing bugs.

Go for the Audi.

And do remember second-hand car-sales are worse than agents.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        "second-hand".
        Pre-owned is Audi's buzz term for vehicles they've checked for issues and also are 1-year warranted.

Comment

I hate Audis - they had that advert where they had a go at squash players

Comment

Current Audi A3 and BMW 1 models have the best looks in the class IMHO. Plus it is classy - not Focus or one of these Japanese/Chinese cars that look like I have created the design.

Comment

What's the spec of the car? Linky?

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
                Current Audi A3 and BMW 1 models have the best looks in the class IMHO.
                Audi A3 looks nice, but IMO BMW really screwed up their looks - especially 1 series, and really they became too common, more 3 series than mondeos apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  What's the spec of the car? Linky?

A3 2.0 TDI

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/ne....8p1alx_0.html

Comment

2uk - your private messages box is full, and in any case answer to your question is "No, I don't use them".

Comment

Working...
                    X