• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all parents.... holiday advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all parents.... holiday advice needed

Hi All,

I'm interested in taking Mrs B0redom and baby B0redom (10 months old on Xmas day) on holiday in January. We're after some sunshine, so were thinking of somewhere like the Carribean or Dubai. Ideally we want a nice 5* hotel resort with a spa.

We've never taken baby B0redom further than Spain before, and ideally we'd like somewhere we can get a babysitter onsite for the night if we fancy a night off.

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Cheers...
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Algarve- Portugal seems to be popular for parents who wants to have a night (or more ) off from the kids

(only kidding of course )

Comment

Bad Sandy bad hehe
      That boy go raaaaaaa
      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        Hi All,

I'm interested in taking Mrs B0redom and baby B0redom (10 months old on Xmas day) on holiday in January. We're after some sunshine, so were thinking of somewhere like the Carribean or Dubai. Ideally we want a nice 5* hotel resort with a spa.

We've never taken baby B0redom further than Spain before, and ideally we'd like somewhere we can get a babysitter onsite for the night if we fancy a night off.

Cheers...
        I have never been to the Carribean but can't really fault your thinking. You should get some sun, there are plenty of 5* resports out there and almost all of that quality will offer baby sitting services.

I have just done a 3 week trip to Aus with oracleslave jnr who is 13 months and it was fine. Jet lag disrupts their routine a bit but then thats to be expected.

Have a good trip.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          I have just done a 3 week trip to Aus with oracleslave jnr who is 13 months and it was fine. Jet lag disrupts their routine a bit but then thats to be expected.
          You survived then ! Just got a small extension but still pondering a winter sun trip in Feb with the kiddie winks.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            You survived then ! Just got a small extension but still pondering a winter sun trip in Feb with the kiddie winks.
            Go for it. The travel was easier than we expected even though we were in cattle class.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              Hi All,

Cheers...
              If you go to Dubai look at ajman. Its the smallest Emirate - but close to all action. Lovely beach. We stayed in a gr8 5* place which was cheap too - PM me if you want and I will send the name (I would need to ask Mrs BP)

Comment

Working...
              X