• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PayPal as a payment method?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal as a payment method?

As far as accounts go, does it matter if clients pay directly to my business account? Or can they pay me and I transfer it to business account as long as the numbers match up?
    I ask because lots of people I work with abroad like to use PayPal. And I don't know if Paypal accounts can belong to a business - can they? Can I even link a PayPal account against a business account? If so I could change my existing account to do this.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Yes you can have a business account through PayPal.

As long as you account for where the money is, if it's in credit then it's no different than it being in a bank account paying 0% interest.

My wife sells stuff through a number of other sites that pay via PayPal (easiest for shipping internationally, too), so we have a company PayPal account.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Yes, but the fees are monsterous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        Yes, but the fees are monsterous.
        I've not found that. I typically pay <£5 on a payment of up to £2000. I have sometimes been stung by much higher fees though when people select immediate payment, rather than the normal version where it takes a week to clear. It's by no means ideal but the flexibility is pretty valuable IMO.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Fees are tulipe, but if your customer base wants to use paypal what can you do?

You can have a paypal business account but don't leave too much money in there and don't let them draw funds direct from your bank account. There are some horror stories floating around the net where people have had chargebacks levied against them and paypal has taken the funds back before investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I've not found that. I typically pay <£5 on a payment of up to £2000. I have sometimes been stung by much higher fees though when people select immediate payment, rather than the normal version where it takes a week to clear. It's by no means ideal but the flexibility is pretty valuable IMO.
            Ah, I was mostly talking about times I have received a payment and its been done by CC.

Comment

Working...
            X