• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nuts addiction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuts addiction

Anyone else has become nuts-addicted during the Christmas period?

Any solution to figth this addiction?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko View Post

Bury them

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      Bury them
      the magazine?

I thought that was what the internet was for?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post

Nuts....

I wish.... every feckin man in this town is either a farmer or an asshole
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

You got no hope mate, been a nut addict all my life…

Sometimes I manage to lessen the addiction if I get raw nuts (not roasted/salted ones) … mind you sometimes I buy the raw nuts then roast it and salt it at home heheh..

Btw: have you tried M&S this Xmas nuts luxury selection (there is one with Thyme flavouring but the plain salted/roasted is very very good) OMG OMG, it’s the best nuts I’ve ever ever tasted, don’t understand how they got them to be so crunchy.. at the beginning I suspected they added potatoes starch or something to lightly coat them and make them extra crunchy and light, but read the ingredients and no such thing, 100% pure nuts…. I can really really recommend those if you like your nuts

Comment

Had to laugh

Got given a can of Merlot flavoured roasted peanuts for Xmas, and a label on the back said "warning may contain peanuts".

I'm going to take a picture an post it on my blog, when I get around to it.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Nuts....

I wish.... every flipin man in this town is either a farmer or an asshole
              Where there are assholes there are usually nuts nearby.. You just need to know where to look
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Where there are assholes there are usually nuts nearby.. You just need to know where to look
                Only about 50% of the time.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Only about 50% of the time.
                  The ratio is much higher in this town...
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                    … mind you sometimes I buy the raw nuts then roast it and salt it at home heheh..
                    I didn’t check out the ingredients in a big bag of pistachio nuts I once bought and it turned out they were unsalted (maybe ingredients should list things not there too). Ikk, I found them a bit plain without salt so decided to rectify the situation with some simmering in saturated salt solution, for half an hour. That was the easy part. Getting them dry in a reasonable amount of time turned out to be trickier and they remained a bit soggy until all gone Perhaps in hindsight I’d have been better off shelling them first.
                    Last edited by TimberWolf; 27 December 2007, 14:42.

Comment

Working...
                    X