• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EXTRAS Christmas Special

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXTRAS Christmas Special

Highlight of Xmas TV schedule.

Clive Owen is fookin' ace!

When's it on Clippy? I need to get it Sky Plus'd.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

It was on last night, I recorded it, I think !

Comment

never seen it...not keen on Ricky Gervais apart from his stand-up shows
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Is it a girlie thing?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Agreed, this was quality. Very accurate portrayal of the illusory effects of fame. Seems a Morecombe and Wise style badge of honour to be invited to take the p1ss out of yourself on the show.
            Clive Owen with complete disregard for the extras - 'there is no way I would ever pay for that'
            Steve Merchant (best thing in the series), Ba and Dean Gaffney working in Carphone Warehouse.
            Brilliant contrast with Maggie's life heading towards oblivion, making Ricky Gervais complaining about his lot look even more deplorable.
            Rivalry with fellow extra doing better than him.
            Great cameo's and no requirement to punchline everything. I reckon you can watch this a good few times and pick up some more of the detailing each time.
            The only highlight I can think of for xmas TV !

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              When's it on Clippy? I need to get it Sky Plus'd.
              Was on last night but is being repeated on Sunday 30 @ 21:00 on BBC2.

Or you can catch it on the web via the BBC iPlayer which is pretty good - you don't have to install it now as it streams as well.

Comment

Is it just me or does Ricky Gervais grate? I can't stand him.
                That boy go raaaaaaa
                Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                  Hmm, I kinda know what you mean - he seemed to be everywhere over the last year particularly over the summer at the two concerts at Wembley (Diana & the Al Gore one) and I was beginning to find him irritating - was quite happy when he bombed at one of the concerts as his 'filler' over ran and he was floundering.

However, watched Comedy Connections a few nights ago which detailed how he (and Stephen Merchant) got their break and it was quite pleasant to see that they grafted, made an opportunity for themselves and took it.

That, plus the Extras special has affirmed he is genuinely talented.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                    You aving a lauf? Is he aving a lauf?

I can understand your point of view. I like the way he makes you feel sorry for odious characters. Though last night I felt no sympathy for Andy Milman atall...

Comment

Working...
                    X