• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are there any other TopCoders here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any other TopCoders here?

www.topcoder.com has few UK members but I wondered if any of them are here? They pay for piecework software development and design so it seemed reasonable that members of a contracting community might know of it?

I'm member d000hg there too, feel free to say hi if you're a member...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Stopped coding a few years back...You might have more luck asking if anyone here is a top tape changer.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I use elance for all my outsourcing - coders, sales copywriters, market research, QA, legal/EULA stuff, graphic design, website copy.

And I use GetFriday for customer support
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Not spam, unless any discussion of other websites is spam. They are a community of programmers and I wondered if they have any overlap with CUK's community.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Not spam, unless any discussion of other websites is spam. They are a community of programmers and I wondered if they have any overlap with CUK's community.
            Sounds like a perfectly fair enough post to me.

Hello and welcome. Most are friendly peeps here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Most are friendly peeps here
              No we are not.

Well actually we are, but there is zero tolerance of questions that people should really know the answer to if they are grown ups.

The OP's question was fine so he/she has been spared the worst of the flamings that go around. Although if it had been posted during a working week that might be different.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                We don't flame people in there
                Except zeity...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I looked at top coder once. The problem is you're competing with Eastern Europeans and Indians who will complete a full enterprise level project for less than £100. I chose to sell my soul to the agencies for a while to get decent working hours and a nice £450 a day rate...
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
                    I looked at top coder once. The problem is you're competing with Eastern Europeans and Indians who will complete a full enterprise level project for less than £100. I chose to sell my soul to the agencies for a while to get decent working hours and a nice £450 a day rate...
                    What he said.

Comment

Working...
                    X