• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Insurance Quotes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Insurance Quotes

takes facking ages to input all the fackin information , god ****** knows where it goes. ******

Just cost me £286 to re-insure my Transit 3.5 ton tipper. fully comp.
    It only cost me £230 for the 4x4 which has a bigger engine and would cost a lot more to repair. Go Figure
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I took the last 2 hours to register at confused.com and https://www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/ . Both sites were promising I will be getting over 60 online quotes.

Well most of the sites were not able to return result for all sorts of reasons , the 3 -4 quotes i got range between 1 and 4 k for my desired 12k Audi A3.

Now this is going to take some time If I am to input all that information over and over again in search for less than 1 k quote. \

That 1 to 4 k is fishy for a 12 K car ... I wonder if selecting IT Consultant had biased the quote..
      Last edited by 2uk; 30 December 2007, 00:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Just cost me £286 to re-insure my Transit 3.5 ton tipper. fully comp.
        It only cost me £230 for the 4x4 which has a bigger engine and would cost a lot more to repair. Go Figure
        Hmmm, it cost me just over £400 to fully comp my PUG 307, 5 years NCB, only 3 points on license (should expire next year). First insurance on same car was £1100

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
          ... I wonder if selecting IT Consultant had biased the quote..
          I do all the car insurance / ownership in my wife's name. She's a librarian. Quotes for her are about 20% to 25% of the cost of quotes for me.

We drive a 4 litre limo and fully comp is about £250 a year.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Thegood thing about confused.com is that since I've had my car a few years, I don't have to re-enter data each year. In fact I get an email reminding me I might like to get quotes each year, and pretty much just click "Go".
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The real scandal is how little choice you actually have.

Work out how many companies have RBS as owner and see what is left
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Should you be registering the vehicle for business use with the insurance company, since in an IR35 sense the clients site only represents a temporary work location and not the normal place of work? Most insurance normally specified travel to/from the normal place of work.

Comment

Yeah they're a pain those quote sites, but worth playing around with various options. I got company director / car on drive worked out about £70 cheaper than IT consultant / programmer / car in garage. Bizarre. Ended up going with the Admiral multi car policy for 2 motors.

Comment

I found swiftcover to be the cheapest for me.

Not many people will touch my car without silly premiums. It's an Audi S4 convertible.

It's fair to say though, what is the cheapest one year might not be the case when it comes to renewal. I'm sure they jack up the price once you've been with them for 12 months. I'm not fussed though, I just keep moving around for the cheapest deal.

I've always found going direct the cheapest option. Those price comparison sites have never worked for me. They always quote four figure sums, when I get a quote direct it's half the price. They're middle men and taking a cut of your premium I suspect.
                    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X