• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring Back Animated Avatars And Inline Images Poll!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring Back Animated Avatars And Inline Images Poll!

One second!
    YES!!!
    66.67%
    no
    14.29%
    andyW
    19.05%

I spent HOURS putting together my blinking lights Xmas tree Avatar ...
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

In the UserCP you will see:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB

As long as the animated gif is within these limits then you will be fine. BrilloPad and others have animated avatars?
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Apparently you can't upload animated avatar now - not permitted

Inline images would have been great - people can switch those off in Options and just ban NSFW inline images or people who post them.
        Last edited by AtW; 31 December 2007, 16:41.

Comment

fetter, click on Edit Signature option in CP, and scroll below for list of permissions, one of them says for me:

Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No, I realise it is signature specific, but maybe same thing is now true for avatars?

Comment

Yeah... gimme back me wiggly bum rather than this stupid rodent thaaang
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

All works OK for me, just uploaded the first animated avatar I could find that was in the size restrictions stated. You are a bunch of Monas
              my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                All works OK for me, just uploaded the first animated avatar I could find that was in the size restrictions stated. You are a bunch of Monas

Signature Permissions
                Allow Basic BBCode Yes
                Allow Color BBCode Yes
                Allow Size BBCode Yes
                Allow Font BBCode Yes
                Allow Alignment BBCode Yes
                Allow List BBCode Yes
                Allow Link BBCode Yes
                Allow HTML No

Allow [IMG] Code No
                Allow Code BBCode Yes
                Allow PHP BBCode Yes
                Allow HTML BBCode Yes
                Allow Quote BBCode Yes
                Allow Smilies Yes
                Can Upload Images for Signature Yes
                Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

*** EDIT: The above is misleading rubbish ***
                Last edited by BrowneIssue; 31 December 2007, 23:20. Reason: Stupidity
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I get "You may not upload animated images" (meaning me). Doesn't say anything about you though.

Comment

It's definately a permissions issue. Perhaps GodLikes and alike will get permission to post inline images, I am missing "Caption Competition" posts with Blair in it

Comment

Working...
                    X