• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas Flu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas Flu

Started to feel ill boxing day afternoon thought it was a hang over, then during the night it just came on, put me in bed for 4 days now, totally lost my appetite which has never happened before, vomiting thought it was on way out but b*stard seems to be coming back again. Didn't work on Thurs, Friday and today, cant afford more time off.

Anyone had it, is a virus going around, how long have others had it, misses is coming down with it as well now ?

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Anyone had it, is a virus going around, how long have others had it, misses is coming down with it as well now ?
    No, I haven't. (Famous last words )

However, just about everybody else that I know has been struck down with similar symptoms.

Comment

Yep... I've got it, a few mates have it, my Mom's getting it, my Dad's getting over it... even SA's got it, I think...
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Started to feel ill boxing day afternoon thought it was a hang over, then during the night it just came on, put me in bed for 4 days now, totally lost my appetite which has never happened before, vomiting thought it was on way out but b*stard seems to be coming back again. Didn't work on Thurs, Friday and today, cant afford more time off.

I've had it all over Xmas and can't seem to shift it. comes and goes, and is bloody draining, you have my deepest sympathies
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
          even SA's got it, I think...
          Yep - been wiped out and had no holiday what so ever

humph
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Here's a "get well soon" hug for all you poor lambs...

Comment

I got away with it this xmas, but... for the previous three years I got hit repeatedly, so maybe my immune system is tougher this forth time around.

I had the same symptoms as you last time, thought I'd got over it then bang, right back on my knees again. Really not pleasant and seems to knock you off balance for months if you get hit really hard by it.
              Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Aaaaaaaaaargh!

Now you've got it too, Moose...

Where's the "unclean unclean" smilie gone?
                I had it before Christmas, fortunately. Better now.

Comment

the GF and her parents had it all over xmas and only now starting to feel a bit better.
                  sorry Diver I'm off the cigs again

Comment

Aaaaaa...chooo!

I was OK over Christmas but developed a bit of a throat and itchy, stuffy nose in the last couple of days. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse. Nothing like flu, in my case.

Comment

Working...
                    X