• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rullion Agency.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rullion Agency.

Does anyone have any GOOD experience of working with these?
    The pope is a tard.

No. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      I've worked through them twice, no problems whatsoever.

However this was about 10 years ago...

Comment

No probs

I have been twice with them - last one 2005. I'd say one of the best. Very polite and - more to the point - always paid promptly.
        Based oop north - Warrington?
        Turned down another very good contract through them after being interviewed and having an offer - still no probs and still getting phone calls. What more can I say?

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue
          Checks notes on Rullion...

- applied for a Jobserve role on day advertised; was told it was already filled.

- applied for a role; they asked for a CV rewrite & I did so; they said they wouldn't put me forward as it was for only 3 months and it is in the next county.

- applied for a role; found out two agents at Rullion had advertised it independently (and seemed to be competing with each other).

- applied for a good-match-and-on-the-doorstep job; they never did get back to me.

- I have an older note in my archive: "Annoyed Steve Ingle by refusing to write a false CV". (This may account for all the other problems I have had with them).

They also had a funny period a couple or three years ago. They also used to have a tendency for phoning me about permie roles that had been advertised publicly by the organisation in question. They phone you up multiple times "with a few questions". Eventually you realise they have downloaded an application form and are filling it in with the answers you give. Quite what that game was all about I never quite worked out because although I went through with it a few times I never heard anything more. In one case I had already applied myself; they said "That's OK, we can tell them to use our application, if you like."

Never contracted through them, never got an interview through them nor worked through them.

HTH.

You probably could've just said "No" then?

Cheers - I am finding them to be knackers of the highest order!!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Answering your question

You did ask for anyone with GOOD experience with them, so that's why I bothered.
            Once again from my experience, it's probably got more to do with the individual you are dealing with rather than the company. There are good and bad apples to be found anywhere.
            You can come up with a list of grudges as long as your arm, but does this help you? I think not, biggest mistake is to 'blacklist' yourself by avoiding certain companies, just because you've had a bad experience in the past.
            Shi'te happens, get over it.

Comment

You probably could've just said "No" then?
              Sorry
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                You did ask for anyone with GOOD experience with them, so that's why I bothered.
                Once again from my experience, it's probably got more to do with the individual you are dealing with rather than the company. There are good and bad apples to be found anywhere.
                You can come up with a list of grudges as long as your arm, but does this help you? I think not, biggest mistake is to 'blacklist' yourself by avoiding certain companies, just because you've had a bad experience in the past.
                Shi'te happens, get over it.

I'm having a bad experience wth them now, not in the past!!

I just wanted to see if they are capable of being a decent agency to anyone else out there.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Bad Apple Pie (in the sky)

All this thread, and other similar ones predating it, demonstrate is that there is REALLY no such thing as a good or bad EB.

When am I going to convince you all that the recruitment problems we experience is not a 'bad apple' syndrome at all. Instead, is much more to do with the overarching sales model they all ahere to.

In other words, we all go in blindfolded to every EB and some of us manage to hit the bullseye with good service and some of us don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    All this thread, and other similar ones predating it, demonstrate is that there is REALLY no such thing as a good or bad EB.

When am I going to convince you all that the recruitment problems we experience is not a 'bad apple' syndrome at all. Instead, is much more to do with the overarching sales model they all ahere to.

In other words, we all go in blindfolded to every EB and some of us manage to hit the bullseye with good service and some of us don't.
                    Denny - do you physically burst into flames if you say the word "Agency"?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X