• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Marsden fire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Marsden fire

My girlfriend’s mother is about to die of cancer, we thought she might go over Xmas and on New Years eve the nurses even told us she might not make it through the night so we went up there to say final goodbyes etc, although it wasn’t goodbye.

Now I’ve just found out that the hospital she is in is now on fire – she’s been evacuated with all the other patients to another one – completely oblivious to the situation. Is there any more that can happen with this situation? Maybe the ground will open up and swallow the hospital she’s been evacuated to…
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

very sorry to hear all that - hope things work out as well as they can.

ATB

Comment

Cancer care in the UK is amongst the worst in the developed world. As are survival rates.

Top tip - If anyone you know and love gets cancer, head to the US/Canada for treatment. It is light years ahead of the UK, which is still using drugs and techniques unchanged from the 70's.

Hope things improve for you and your family.

Comment

Extras

Next thing they'll charge for cremation services on top!

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
          There's times to make bad jokes, and this probably isn't one of them.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Cancer care in the UK is amongst the worst in the developed world. As are survival rates.

Top tip - If anyone you know and love gets cancer, head to the US/Canada for treatment. It is light years ahead of the UK, which is still using drugs and techniques unchanged from the 70's.

Hope things improve for you and your family.

I would say the biggest problem with cancer care in this country is that if you are of retirement age or older they will say you have had a good innings and the best thing to do is make you confortable so that you can "die with dignity".

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              My girlfriend’s mother is about to die of cancer, we thought she might go over Xmas and on New Years eve the nurses even told us she might not make it through the night so we went up there to say final goodbyes etc, although it wasn’t goodbye.

Now I’ve just found out that the hospital she is in is now on fire – she’s been evacuated with all the other patients to another one – completely oblivious to the situation. Is there any more that can happen with this situation? Maybe the ground will open up and swallow the hospital she’s been evacuated to…

All the best mate

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post

P R A T

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  There's times to make bad jokes, and this probably isn't one of them.
                  Originally posted by arthur_cider View Post
                  P R A T
                  Agreed - what kind of tosser are you?
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Thanks for the kind words all – it’s not my mum who’s going but I have lived with my girlfriend for 10 years now and know her mum quite well, they have a very very close relationship so this is going to hit her really hard, it kind of has so far but the worst is yet to come
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X