• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tis snow joke.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis snow joke.....

Getting nervous at getting trapped for a second night in Bradford!

I really need to get home to get the cat sorted out....

The snow is coming down thick, fast, and staying.

Hoping I can scoot early to try to get back.

Getting home across the M62, only the highest motorway in England over the pennines....

What's your snow report?

No snow in balmy Wiltshire. Temperature above freezing too.

Comment

Here in London it is not nearly as cold as it was forecast. Wind is a bit bracing, but other than that I am unimpressed with the 'cold snap' so far.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

mutton dressed as lamb,

Dim, you're not in Wiltshire, you're in Swindon LOL

Are you the bloke from Swindon who got done a few years ago for riding one of those petrol scooters on the pavement ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          mutton dressed as lamb,

Dim, you're not in Wiltshire, you're in Swindon LOL

Are you the bloke from Swindon who got done a few years ago for riding one of those petrol scooters on the pavement ?

Milan.
          Yes that was me, on the way to the Social Security Office to pickup my Giro.

HTH

Comment

An overcast 3 deg here in Cardiff but no sign of the white stuff.

Nevermind, still all toasty and warm in my dressing gown

Cuppa tea and some toast anyone?

Comment

Blizzards and hailstones up in Northumberland/Newcastle/Sunderland

Comment

They were gritting the M25 last night ... all that material and cash wasted
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

don't worry about the M62, the Highways Agency or whoever is responsible for the gritters and ploughs always try to make sure that they keep the motorway open (it is always the A roads that get closed).

With the constant flow of traffic and the gritters on the go, especially over Saddleworth, the snow doesn't get chance to settle on the road (I speak from experience).

Have a word with the client though, they will probably let you go early. Biggest problem will be the roads to / from the motoway!

Comment

T'will snow later in London. Just in time for home time disruption.

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X