• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent or Client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent or Client?

I have a friend...

This stunningly sexy strawberry blonde chick interviewed with a client last week, and it went very very well.

Her agent later rang her up and said they wanted her for the job.

She'd been sent over at an agreed rate before the interview.

Later the same day, said agent rang back and said "There's a slight problem with the rate - the client thinks it's too high. Will you drop it?" to which sexy chick say "Erm, no".

Agent then said that client said he's have to wait until after New Year to get budget approval for sexy contractor...even though it had been "URGENT START!!!!!MUST BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY" throughout the whole interview.

So.....who's to blame here? Noob client? or dodgy agent? (not our DodgyAgent obviously)

get voting!
    Client
    9.68%
    Agent
    54.84%
    AndyW
    35.48%
    The pope is a tard.

The strawberry blonde bint obviously -for believing what agents say

Agent is now trying to secure a cheaper resource for a higher margin while keeping yer mate in suspence as fallback
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      I have a friend...

This stunningly sexy strawberry blonde chick interviewed with a client last week, and it went very very well.

Her agent later rang her up and said they wanted her for the job.

She'd been sent over at an agreed rate before the interview.

Later the same day, said agent rang back and said "There's a slight problem with the rate - the client thinks it's too high. Will you drop it?" to which sexy chick say "Erm, no".

Agent then said that client said he's have to wait until after New Year to get budget approval for sexy contractor...even though it had been "URGENT START!!!!!MUST BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY" throughout the whole interview.

So.....who's to blame here? Noob client? or dodgy agent? (not our DodgyAgent obviously)

get voting!

Call the client yourself
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Call the client yourself
        Or poll a group of geeks on an internet forum.

Comment

Call the client yourself

You're advocating this?!!

I would never dream of doing that, honestly!

Would you not go down a contractors throat (and not in a good way) for doing something like that?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

You're advocating this?!!

I would never dream of doing that, honestly!

Would you not go down a contractors throat (and not in a good way) for doing something like that?
            as long as you dont pester him/her and dont leave messages. Just say that you have something else on the table and just want to hear "from the horses mouth" what have you got to lose?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

what have you got to lose?
              Oh no, it's just so unsavoury! I'm English - we need to abide by rules and protocols!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Oh no, it's just so unsavoury! I'm English - we need to abide by rules and protocols!
                That is why you'll never get on in this world.

Comment

But not laws?

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                    But not laws?

Exactly!!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X