• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Result

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Result

My step son parked his car in my garage last summer, because he couldn't afford to run it whilst he was on a teacher training course in Edinburgh.

When he tried to check the engine over Christmas it was flat so he decided to scrap it. He was prepared to pay £50 to be rid of all the hassle, but we found a site called buymycar and they came round next day, £700 cash for a non-runner, no tax no mot .

Result

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

is that really a result,

if they were willing to pay 700 and you wanted 50 it was either because:

a, you didn't know what you were doing

b, they didn't know what they were doing

what car was it ?

Milan.

Comment

Blimey, well done for checking. And these kind of sites usually pay well below the proper market rate for your property (there are ones for cars, houses etc etc)...

What car was it? Age, condition etc.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        is that really a result,

if they were willing to pay 700 and you wanted 50 it was either because:

a, you didn't know what you were doing

b, they didn't know what they were doing

what car was it ?

Milan.
        Theoretically if it was a mondeo how much would you have paid?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          My step son parked his car in my garage last summer, because he couldn't afford to run it whilst he was on a teacher training course in Edinburgh.

When he tried to check the engine over Christmas it was flat so he decided to scarp it. He was prepared to pay £50 to be rid of all the hassle, but we found a site called buymycar and they came round next day, £700 cash for a non-runner, no tax no mot .

Result
          Most cars with an alarm will drain the battery in a few weeks. A new battery charger costs £19.96

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...2Bchargers.htm

Result?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            Blimey, well done for checking. And these kind of sites usually pay well below the proper market rate for your property (there are ones for cars, houses etc etc)...

What car was it? Age, condition etc.
            7 year old VW Polo - 90,000 , average condition

non runner, no mot , no tax

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The guy will bung in a £40 battery, MOT it, wind the clock back and sell it for £1500 to some mug.

Comment

90k is nowt for a polo

no wonder you and the buyer both got a result !!

50 quid for a 7 year old polo

next time you want to liquidate one of the vehicles from the EternalOptimist fleet can you PM me

tia

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  The guy will bung in a £40 battery, MOT it, wind the clock back and sell it for £1500 to some mug.
                  My thoughts exactly, nice almost mint low mileage 'one careful lady owner' Polo, a bargain at £1500.

Comment

So you've made £750 out of your step-son? Result indeed.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X