• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The tight gits thread ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tight gits thread ...

For us contractors and ex-contractors who are wise with their money and like to accumulate rather than spend, post your money-saving tips here.

I have recently stopped buying books (I read a lot) as I discovered my local council library service allows you to request books to be ordered provided they are deemed in the general interest.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

DRIVERS. Save money by putting much larger wheels on the back of your car. That way you will always be going downhill, thereby saving on fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      For us contractors and ex-contractors who are wise with their money and like to accumulate rather than spend, post your money-saving tips here.

I have recently stopped buying books (I read a lot) as I discovered my local council library service allows you to request books to be ordered provided they are deemed in the general interest.
      Did they get Tintin goes to the Congo?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

HOMEOWNERS. When selling your house, replace your furniture with children's tables and chairs, and use a dwarf estate agent. Instantly, your house will seem more roomy than it actually is. Boomed!

Comment

I've just put a 34p stamp through expenses this week, with receipt - does that count ?

Comment

- Only fill your car with the petrol you need for the journey too much petrol equals extra weight creating worse MPG.

-Never pay full price for Alton Towers, Thorpe Park etc there is always a buy one get one free voucher on the web somewhere.

-For relatives you see after xmas day buy there presents in the post xmas day sale.

-Dont get married.

Comment

You're not serious?!!!

Don't you think you're stealing reading opportunities from the poor?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                I've just put a 34p stamp through expenses this week, with receipt - does that count ?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

I joined the city library.. Camomile st (sic) , saved me loads.

Comment

An unscrupulous person might borrow CDs from their local library and make a copy. Although that's unlikely as it's in clear breach of copyright.

Still, you never know.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X