• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My biggest fear for UK.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest fear for UK.

And I am not even English. Is that global warming develops to the extent where this year’s floodings are frequent and more and more devastating. If you have invested all your money in UK property and something really bad happens in 30 years you will have worked all your life for nothing.

I hope thinking more about this will anger your view on the world’s dominant power ( US ) and their games of “I rule the world” and “I don’t care about global warming”.

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    And I am not even English. Is that global warming develops to the extent where this year’s floodings are frequent and more and more devastating. If you have invested all your money in UK property and something really bad happens in 30 years you will have worked all your life for nothing.
    unless it's on a hill !
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

One of my houses is just 2 m above the flood plain. Think I should sell it ?
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        One of my houses is just 2 m above the flood plain. Think I should sell it ?
        To whom? You're assuming someone will buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
          To whom? You're assuming someone will buy it.
          Good thing it's the cheapest house then £130,000.
          What the hell, it's insured (at the moment)

Comment

My house is 300 feet above sea level and this was a definite consideration when I was looking. I wanted to live near the coast but not quite on a beach. Now I'm beginning to wonder, is it high enough?
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              My house is 300 feet above sea level and this was a definite consideration when I was looking. I wanted to live near the coast but not quite on a beach. Now I'm beginning to wonder, is it high enough?
              Just bought my new family residence 10 miles inland and 240 feet above sea level. as long as I'm alright, sod the tenants eh!
              Last edited by Diver; 4 January 2008, 00:42.

Comment

Just bought my new family residence 10 miles inland and 240 feet above sea level. as long as I'm alright, sod the tenants eh!
                Quite right! And the views are better
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Quite right! And the views are better
                  It has a garden as big as a football field. an I aint cuttin the bleedin grass!!!

I bought her one of those petrol self propelled lawnmower thingies, she can do it, she's the one that wanted a house with large grounds

Comment

It has a garden as big as a football field. an I aint cuttin the bleedin grass!!!

I bought her one of those petrol self propelled lawnmower thingies, she can do it, she's the one that wanted a house with large grounds
                    Got about 4 acres here so have a full time gardner since I hate that stuff, got him one of those sit on things too. Great for BBQ's and bonfires, maybe build on the top end at some point and move in there (even higher up). My only concern now is the small river that runs through it all...
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X