• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uber Doomed...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uber Doomed...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ncredit104.xml

'More than one million home owners face a £1,000 "credit crunch premium" on their mortgages this year after the Bank of England warned yesterday of a "significant and unanticipated increase" in the cost of borrowing.
    '

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ncredit104.xml

'More than one million home owners face a £1,000 "credit crunch premium" on their mortgages this year after the Bank of England warned yesterday of a "significant and unanticipated increase" in the cost of borrowing.
    '

Milan.
    Simple, stick the £1000 on the mortgage. When people are borrowing half a million for a bedsit above a kebab shop, do you think a lousy grand is a problem?

Comment

I might be being thick here but why can't these people just remortgage to another 2 year introductory deal when their fixed rate runs out and get converted to a variable?
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Is the 1000 a monthly or yearly amount? If monthly doomed if yearly boomed.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Is the 1000 a monthly or yearly amount? If monthly doomed if yearly boomed.

HTH
          By November, the average mark-up had increased to 0.6 per cent. This means a typical family remortgaging with a £200,000 mortgage will have to pay £1,000 more a year.

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            By November, the average mark-up had increased to 0.6 per cent. This means a typical family remortgaging with a £200,000 mortgage will have to pay £1,000 more a year.

Boomed!
            Less than £100 extra a month? And how does that affect the price of fish?
            Boomed I tell yer!
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm guessing there are people out there who are already operating on the red line. What will fuel bills about to go through the roof (again...) and mortgages rising even just a £100 a month, there will be millions unable to afford this.

Fortunately for them, we have a government prepared to pay for t heir livelihoods once they go onto benefits.

Comment

Working...
              X