• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pub chain limits parents' drinks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pub chain limits parents' drinks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7170939.stm

Bloody cheap-near-sell-by-date-barstewards... As a new parent I demand some booze.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Yeah but would you come in with your kids for hours on end with nothing for them to do? Some of the pubs round my way have kids running around shouting past 9, 10pm and it does grate a bit.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Good on them. Kids should be banned from town/city centre pubs completely.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

in total agreement with it, pubs should be a refuge, last thing you want is screaming kids running round the place.
        and as for parents wanting to get pissed up in front of their kids I wouldn't even do it in front of my nephews, or at least not untill they're old enough to drink themselves
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I don't see an issue with having kids in pubs, up to a certain time anyway and within reason. If it's an issue with them being annoying then why stop at kids - pubs are/can be full of extremely irritating people who by this logic should be barred.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Don't Scousers normally leave their kids at home anyway?

Comment

Its not that I think kids should be in pubs all hours, it's the fact they have introduced a rule and the reasons they give... so if my wife has 2 halves in 30 minutes that’s your lot?? It just seems a bit heavy handed to me.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I spent many an hour in pubs when I was a nipper and i never did me any harm!!!

TBH I think this is stupid. I will occasionally go out with the missus and kids for a pub lunch and our little boy will sometimes quite happily sit there for 1 - 2 hours slowly picking at his food while he watches everything going on excitedly. Why should I be refused more than a couple of bevvies when the missus is driving and everyone is quite happy?

More PC gone mad bollocks

Comment

Why's it PC? I think it's a pub chain who clearly don't want kids dressing it up as PC.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I think this is ridiculous - how are they going to minotor how much you have anyway? Stamp your hand?

Kids should be allowed in all pubs that serve food, for as long as it serves food. Its just common sense. That should also be the basis for the rules regarding smoking.

However - those on this board who take their kids into Wetherspoons for a weekly treat need immediately shooting with tulip. How pikey?!!! Surely your kids deserve a nicer pub experience than this?!
                    Shame on you all.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X