• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Land of Leather and the credit-crunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land of Leather and the credit-crunch

I hear finance companies are refusing to fund purchases of Land of Leather products. Where is it all going to end?

Jessops
    Debenhams
    Land of Leather

RIP British retail

I blaim FTVs

Hmm, does that mean all the chavs will be running around naked because Littlewoods will no longer give them 52-week payment terms on a £10 t-shirt.

Comment

Is there a link for this or just hearsay?

Comment

Shock horror. People may now be forced to save and stop living no credit.

RIP Living beyond your means. We'll miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by DGK View Post
          I hear finance companies are refusing to fund purchases of Land of Leather products.
          Where do you hear this? The FT doesn't appear to have heard about it. Bloomberg have nothing to say on the matter other than a vague comment from the Bank of England that "The country's banks plan to cut consumer lending in the current quarter," which is just a bit of background, not a comment about LoL specifically.

Sounds like idle prattle to me. Did you also hear that the Duke of Edinburgh is behind it all?

Comment

Working...
          X