• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Audi A6 and BMW 5 Series too fancy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audi A6 and BMW 5 Series too fancy ?

Calling all Audi A6 and BMW 5 or similar owners ..

Do these cars appear to fancy for a contractor ? You can get one of these , not so highly speced for reasonable money.. but still they look very fancy... Are permies going to be to envy and treat u **** ?

Have just done a Google and they don't look too fancy to me.

But I am proper posh like. This one's my favourite:
    http://www.car-walls.com/img/maserat...4_1280x960.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

Very nice indeed. What they go for?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

I'd rather go on foot to my client instead on this thing. If i drive car like that and i need to work. for them .... omg.

Comment

Get a Subaru Forester, goes like s**t of a stick and is apparently the Lesbian car of choice
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

u wanna recommend lesbian cars to someone else. i wanna man's car.

Comment

One of my friends (a fellow contractor) has a 530d in sport trim. He loves it.

I was mightily impressed with the low down grunt that 6 pot diesel had when I drove it. Very impressive and returned good mpg. It's a bit big for the single bloke, but I'd consider one of those (fully loaded though). You should go and take one for a spin.

I don't know anyone who's ever had an A6 so can't comment on those.

An ex permie colleague is working in peterborough at the moment with a contract PM. He's driving a DB9 would you believe. So I don't think you can ever be too flash!

I wouldn't (and don't) worry about what the permies think. Let them admire your nice set of wheels.
              Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                I wouldn't (and don't) worry about what the permies think. Let them admire your nice set of wheels.
                The grunts you work with you don't need to worry about. They are already jelous of your rate cos they can make a reasonable guess what it is. It's the permie managers you need to keep low key for. Some won't know the kind of money you are on and you are better off keeping it that way. The ones that do know what you are getting do not want you flashing it around to the permie mugs they have thus far got away with paying next to nothing for.

Keep it low key. Flash car contractors can get binned because they are noticed by the wrong people. I've seen it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
                  Keep it low key. Flash car contractors can get binned because they are noticed by the wrong people. I've seen it happen.
                  Interesting.

In your experience then, what would you say was the limit? Golf GTI? or are we talking Ford Focus to the client site?
                  Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I generally cycle to my clients. When someone finds out I also have a car they're surprised, but not half as surprised as when they discover I've several pieces of Italian exotica, which is a termination offence in just about every client.

HTH
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X