• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whitehall wastes £2bn on IT projects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitehall wastes £2bn on IT projects

Choice quotes:

Top of the ministries for wasting public money is the Department for Work and Pensions...
    So this is how they keep the unemployment figures down!

The Guardian's survey of abandoned projects is not exhaustive and the total of £1,865bn is likely to be a considerable underestimate of the actual cost to taxpayers because neither Whitehall nor the National Audit Office, parliament's financial watchdog, keep definitive lists of which schemes go wrong.
    Funny that.

Source

Would it not be easier to have a count of all the projects that they have and then subtract all the ones that worked. In fact considering the number that do work is a number smaller than the error in the figure they will obtain for a count of all projects, they could just give the all projects count, and save the effort.

Simple innit.

threaded in "statistician" mode
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Those statistics are wrong. They've paid me more than that in the last year alone.

Threaded.

Comment

£1,865bn is my daily rate

Threaded
        Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Government spending is never waste. It's keeping the economy alive, innit. In the coming recession let's hope that they carry on doing so. Simple Keynesism.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Its fine while the country can afford the tax burden - how long will that last.

I dont think Mrs Thatcher will approve.

Comment

Working...
            X