• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wedding costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding costs

Poll to follow (wait for it....)

So, how much inc the honeymoon should I be forking out for her 'happiest day' ?

Some of the bridal magazines she's got are just ridiculous, I mean +£35K FFS

Brillo, yes yes, your opinion is duly noted and will be taken into consideration.
    Less than £5000
    19.23%
    £5000 to £7000
    7.69%
    £7000 to £10000
    1.92%
    £10000 to £15000
    15.38%
    £15000 to £20000
    5.77%
    Over £20000
    7.69%
    Don't bother as it'll only end in tears
    28.85%
    You should have a civil ceremony with AndyW
    13.46%
    Last edited by Pondlife; 7 January 2008, 14:16. Reason: word missing

Opps I didn't see the "Including Honeymoon" bit. I would amend my choice to over £20,000 if could.

(BTW doesn't matter how much you *should* spend, you'll still end up spending over £20,000 anyway.)

Comment

Mine cost about 14k but that was 8 and a half years ago.... but did include honeymoon....
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Whatever you spend it will look like the bargain of the century compared to the cost of the divorce a few years later.

With this in mind spend spend spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Brillo, yes yes, your opinion is duly noted and be taken into consideration.
          I wouldn't recommend setting a budget up front. My approach was to take each suggestion put to me, decide if it was logical, worth it* and within reason and go from there.

*worth it is something that makes her happy not something that makes financial sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Whatever you spend it will look like the bargain of the century compared to the cost of the divorce a few years later.

With this in mind spend spend spend.
            worked for me.... worked for him too seeing as my dad paid for everything except the honeymoon!!!
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Start from the bargaining stance of you just want to elope and get married while just the two of you are away on a weeks holiday. Then begrudgingly give way very slowly as it expands into a 30K extravaganza !

My eventual solution was to get married in a hotel with a civil ceremony starting late afternoon ie. no cars needed, only one lot of food

Comment

done in 2002:

wedding in very a nice church. - http://www.saltaireurc.org.uk/gallery.html
                decent photographer
                one 7 seater daimler for ferrying family / bridesmaids / groomsmen about.
                one 2 seater convertable old time thingy for taking Mrs and her dad to church and then me and Mrs to Reception.
                Sit down meal at a middle of the road hotel for about 60 people, with a disco at night and buffet for 100.
                One week honeymoon in the UK cause neither of us had a passport and I'd lost my birth certificate moving house so couldn't get one in time.

Total came to about 7k
                Last edited by r0bly0ns; 7 January 2008, 14:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Brillo, yes yes, your opinion is duly noted and will be taken into consideration.

I wont say anything if I get invited to the stag do...

Comment

Don't bother. Put your money on a horse - more chance of happiness.

Comment

Working...
                    X