• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iranians vs US Navy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranians vs US Navy

US Navy commanders were moments away from firing on Iranian attack ships during a skirmish in the Straits of Hormuz, it has emerged.

A Pentagon spokesman revealed that five Iranian Revolutionary Guard Navy boats harrassed and provoked three US ships in the narrow waterway at the mouth of the Persian Gulf at the weekend.

The Iranian craft came within 200 yards of the US vessels, which were sailing in international waters.
    Link
    Hmmm Sunburst missiles versus Phallanx point defense systems
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Nuke them is what I say. What have the Iranians ever given us?
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

This sort of thing is very common when two nations are not seeing eye to eye.
      They're just measuring each other up for size
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        What have the Iranians ever given us?
        Accountants (point 9)
        "The first accounting tools were found in Iran, belonging to 9000 years ago."

Weight, Money and Measurements (point 5)
        "Weight, Money and Measurements were standardized in Persia, for the first time, some 2, 500 years ago"

bricks (point 10)
        "The first brick invention took place in Iran"

castles (point 12)
        "The architecture of castles originated in Persia thousands of years ago."

plus lots more

linky
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

oil

that comedian guy who recently had a series on the BBC

half a girl i once dated (she was half iranian and half iraqi and fecking clever than me)
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            oil

(she was half iranian and half iraqi and fliping clever than me)
            To be fair thats not saying much.

PS. Ta for the PS3 advise the other day. I made a bloody good decision

Comment

Short on wins

A bit like the French - long history of losing wars (ok, once they beat 300 Greeks!) and trying to make amends for it.
              Managed to humiliate a bunch of British sailors and a fat bird, however when it comes to US Navy, it's a different proposition. Speedboats ('I'm coming to blow you up') vs frigates (with long-range missiles) - boom-boom!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                To be fair thats not saying much.

PS. Ta for the PS3 advise the other day. I made a bloody good decision
                she was very very intellectual, both her parents were professors and she was a damn good laugh to boot... And i stupidly decided to get serious with some bint from the office instead

Glad the PS3 worked out, i enjoyed mine this morning, was having trouble sleeping so grabbed the PSP and remote watched a Topgear episode saved on the PS3 from the comfort of my bed
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  Nuke them is what I say. What have the Iranians ever given us?
                  ebay owner is iranian he used to be computer programmer ...
                  Shaheen Jafargholi , the little boy in britain got talent is half iranian
                  the black girl in doctor who tv program, she is half iranian .
                  one of the google's VP is iranian

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Iranians for full list

Business/Technology

* Habib Zargarpour, the famous Iranian-American computer operator that has been candidate for Oscar 2 times"
                  * Anousheh Ansari, first female space tourist, leading telecommunication entrepreneur, and namesake of the X Prize
                  * Hamid Akhavan, CEO of T-Mobile International.[28]
                  * Shahram Dabiri, video game producer, lead producer of World of Warcraft
                  * Ben Fathi, Corporate Vice President of Development, Windows Core Operating System Division Microsoft. [29]
                  * Vartan Gregorian, President of The Carnegie Corporation of New York.[30]
                  * Omid Kordestani, Senior Vice President of Google
                  * Isaac Larian, CEO of MGA Entertainment, manufacturer of Bratz dolls
                  * Manny Mashouf, founder and Chairman of bebe stores
                  * David Merage, co-founder of Chef America Inc., manufacturer of Hot Pockets
                  * Paul Merage, co-founder of Chef America Inc., manufacturer of Hot Pockets
                  * Sam Nazarian, CEO of the SBE Entertaintment Group
                  * Farzad Nazem, former CTO of Yahoo!
                  * Mehrdad Nikoonahad, founder & CEO, Nikoo Technology, Inc.
                  * Pierre Omidyar, founder of e-Bay (born to Iranian parents).[31]
                  * Sina Tamaddon, Senior Vice President of Applications for Apple Computer.[32]

Ignorance is not innocence, but sin.....
                  Last edited by namnadasht; 7 February 2010, 04:10.

Comment

Oh great, another two-year-old thread gets resurrected

Cue a bunch of people replying to something somebody doesn't even remember saying on the first Monday afternoon at work after New Year

Comment

Working...
                    X