• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom Big time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom Big time

30,000 job cuts

Read in the Spiegel today that Citigroup are now planning to cut 10% of their workforce, about 30,000 jobs worldwide. Updates the above article.
    I'm alright Jack

Forget the doom and gloom, how's the band doing? Developing into a Plan B yet? Got any demo's?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

This is excellent news. A reserve army of the unemployed helps keep the little people in check. Compounded with large amounts of personal debt to keep those in work working harder it's never been a better time to invest in labour intensive industries.

Comment

320,000 strong workforce?

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Forget the doom and gloom, how's the band doing? Developing into a Plan B yet? Got any demo's?
          Hi yes fine

We have contact with an experienced drummer, I really hope we can get him.

I recorded Words of Love, double tracked (just like Buddy did all those years ago) .
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Novartis are shedding 2500 jobs worldwide - 1000 in Horsham. Other pharma companies are likely to follow suit. This is excellent news, as with a headcount freeze, the only option managers have to get the work done, is to take on contractors.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

All pharma companies are shedding jobs and in the more expensive places. A few years ago GSK closed Dartford, their biggest manufacturing site and moved their products to more up to date plants, generally outside the UK or to contractor companies for those products which they had to produce for legal reasons but which had little or no profit attached to them. Either way it proved to be net loss in terms of jobs at GSK for the UK.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X