• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ebbsfleet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebbsfleet

Anyone seen this new station? Any chance they will do the transport links as promised?

17 minutes to London sounds very promising. Wonder how much you have to pay for a Eurostar subscription though.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Anyone seen this new station? Any chance they will do the transport links as promised?

17 minutes to London sounds very promising. Wonder how much you have to pay for a Eurostar subscription though.
    And 9 minutes to Stratford with central/dlr - shame about the walk between main and intl stations.

I live quite close - and want to visit ebbsfleet. If I go there I will ask how much. Will get cheaper when commuter service start in 2009.

We are even thinking of moving to meopham/longfield.

Comment

Sorry for but Franko how did you manage to pile on nearly a stone in 11 days before christmas? (or is it all in jest?)

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Sorry for but Franko how did you manage to pile on nearly a stone in 11 days before christmas? (or is it all in jest?)
        It's not that difficult. I actually think I got one more stone in the next 11 days. You just need an unstoppable appetite. My father-in-law is 6'6'' and almost 300 pounds. He was surprised that a 5'9'' guy with just a few pounds overweight could put him to shame at xmas festive meals.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          And 9 minutes to Stratford with central/dlr - shame about the walk between main and intl stations.

I live quite close - and want to visit ebbsfleet. If I go there I will ask how much. Will get cheaper when commuter service start in 2009.

We are even thinking of moving to meopham/longfield.
          But you won't be allowed to commute to London with the normal travel card, would you? I wonder how much you would have to pay to use the eurostar to commute. A shame that the house market will crash big time, otherwise it sounds like the best place to invest now.

Comment

It's not that difficult. I actually think I got one more stone in the next 11 days. You just need an unstoppable appetite. My father-in-law is 6'6'' and almost 300 pounds. He was surprised that a 5'9'' guy with just a few pounds overweight could put him to shame at xmas festive meals.
            Excellent commitment to the cause. Good work indeed.

Comment

But you won't be allowed to commute to London with the normal travel card, would you? I wonder how much you would have to pay to use the eurostar to commute. A shame that the house market will crash big time, otherwise it sounds like the best place to invest now.
              I agree - but will ask how much for a "lauf". oh what jolly japes IT Contractors get up to...

Comment

I bought a house in TrAshford seven years ago on the basis of the high speed link and the mooted 30+ mins commute time into London.

If those trains are now going to have to stop to pickup ebbsfleet scum then it somewhat defeats the point of having a high speed link.

Also Meopham was always well served with direct trains to Cannon St (30 mins if I recall correctly) on the Canterbury line - is that still the case.?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

We've invested in a couple of small properties there over the past few years, in a town about 15 minutes walk from the station. One of the big factors was Ebbsfleet, as well as the existing Bluewater site.

The area has already gone up in value somewhat more than average, due to the station and the vast construction/improvement taking place on the surrounding area. Rents have also started rising.

Long term, I think it'll be a great place to own a property - but I am certainly a property bear for now so won't be buying any more for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    I bought a house in TrAshford seven years ago on the basis of the high speed link and the mooted 30+ mins commute time into London.

If those trains are now going to have to stop to pickup ebbsfleet scum then it somewhat defeats the point of having a high speed link.

Also Meopham was always well served with direct trains to Cannon St (30 mins if I recall correctly) on the Canterbury line - is that still the case.?

Most trains go to Victoria - the odd blackfriars one.

Comment

Working...
                    X